Le Domaine Saint Aubin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Hotel Le Manguier(La Trinite)
  • Free Internet
French Coco(Tartane)
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
All reviewsle domainesaint aubinthe main housethe ownermanor houseswimming poolcroissantsfrench caribbeanfresh fruitbefore dinnercross breezebreakfast terracenice stayair conditioninglarge balconydecorationporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a lovely, charming hotel! My fiance and I went there for our honeymoon in August 2012. It was very quiet, not a very busy tourist-time in Martinique. The hotel is lovely and Laurent, the owner, is AMAZING! He does EVERYTHING by the way - serves breakfast and dinner, cleans the grounds, cleans the pool et tout ca, and still manages to be soooo pleasant. He says he'll rest in the afterlife =) (he speaks both French and English). The main house is a beautiful old French colonial mansion, and the rooms are in a separate building behind the house. The whole compound is in the mountains overlooking the ocean. All the furniture is from the 19th century, and the food is amazing. The breakfast included tea, croissants, jams, jellies etc.... real Euro-style, and the dinners were exquisite three course meals which were soooo good and FANCY too. Rooms are basic, nothing fancy, no tv. There is internet. We rented a car to be able to get around and see the country - from the sugar cane and banana museums, to rainforests, ruins, mountains, and beaches. I'd love to visit here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We spent several days at Le Domaine St. Aubin in early August 2012. At first, we weren't sure if it was open for business because of some construction they currently have going on (the roads were slightly tore up and there were very few cars parked there when we arrived). Thankfully we parked and asked about staying. Of our 10 day trip in Martinique, the days spent at Le Domaine St. Aubin were probably the most peaceful and memorable. Granted I have lived in Alaska most of my life and have never been exposed to plantation-style homes before, I think Le Domaine St Aubin is probably among the most beautiful homes I've ever seen. It's difficult to know where to start with what we loved about our stay there because there were so many things. We had, at that point in our trip, encountered several people at other hotels and businesses that were downright rude about my inability to speak French perfectly (it's been 2-3 years since I've used it with regularity). It was refreshing that the owner was polite and patient with both of us (my boyfriend speaks no French). The dinners that we ate there were exquisite - the ambiance was excellent and the food was incredible. Despite the construction, we never were bothered by noise in our rooms or when lounging by the pool. The price for our stay was much lower than we would have expected (however it was low season). We were sad to leave when we checked out of Le Domaine St Aubin. Perhaps the only part of the stay that was not excellent was that the hairdryer had a large insect that was either living in it or had once been living in it - either way, on our first morning when I went to dry my hair it was an unpleasant surprise. It was nothing that would keep me from coming back to stay again. I'd recommend a stay there for those looking for a peaceful, quiet, scenic area. If you're looking for the bustle of a city, or the loud resort-like buzz of constant activities to choose from this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with an ocean view if at all possible - it is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marie S
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We spent 7 days in the tranquil, beautiful colonial "demeure", Le Domaine St Aubin. It lives up to the description in its website. Breakfast in the terrace overlooking the country falling away to the magnificent bay was a daily treat. The table d'hôte dinner was excellent, the rooms comfortable and well serviced. Our host and hostess were charming and helpful but never intruded, true to their promise that this was like home for a week. A car is however indispensable as its calm and peace is balanced by its distance from the nearest town and facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan J
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We had an extra night to spend on the island after chartering a boat for a week and wanted to see the atlantic ocean side. The owner, Laurent, was very helpful to us in planning as he was one of the few people I found whose english was good enough to really answer my questions. A gorgeous plantation setting overlooking the ocean and the Caravelle peninsula. We stayed in the Manor House in spacious rooms with plenty of character. Dinner was a gourmet event and the entire setting is peaceful and relaxing. We were disappointed that we were not staying at least a couple of more nights. They do not serve lunch and do not have a bar (except a pre dinner drink) or ability to buy drinks or snacks, so bring a cooler with drinks and snacks for in between breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad G
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We spent 2 weeks with our family (2 adults, 2 children) at Le Domaine St Aubin in April 2012. We had originally planned to spend only a week but Le Domaine was so much better than the other hotel we had booked at that we cancelled the second booking and stayed the whole fortnight at Le Domaine instead! It is a really beautiful spot; the breakfasts overlooking the garden and the sea were particularly magical and relaxed. The hotel has been sympathetically converted by Mr and Mme Rosemain, so the whole ambience is great. For children there is a lovely garden to run around in and the pool is a very good size for family swimming. The owners are always around and were extremely helpful, for example making calls for us when we needed help accessing some unexpected medical treatment. As Martinique is smail, you can easily get to both the North and South sides of the island, and the hotel is located very close to the Caravelle Peninsula which has good restaurants, lovely beaches and good hiking trails. Would definitely stay again if I ever return to Martinique!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family