+ Very nice place far away from tourists. It is a quiet place on the lake. Very nice for some kayak, a tour on the lake with abel (very nice guide) and reading a book in the hammacs. The place is clean and the rooms are very big. The food of the place is very good. The staff is nice and very helpful.
A nice place to stay and relax.
- Choose for a lake view room if you don't want a kitchen view.
There isn't a lot of attractions nor activities around the hotel.
I would not recommend the massage that aren't made by professionals with cheap ingredients.
The jacuzzi/pool is very badly maintained. The water has a very bad smell and the water has a green trouble aspect. Better to go for a swim in the lake.
You also hear the road from far away...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar