very beautiful grounds on lake bacalar. a few minutes outside of town so it is quiet and peaceful. the service was good although you may have some issues if you don't speak spanish. the rooms are very simple. they are nothing to write home about, but met all of our needs. the true beauty of the place is not what's inside the cabins but the grounds on which they were built. there are swings hanging from a tree dangling over the shallow part of the lake, there is a boardwalk extending into the lake with a gazebo full of hammocks at the end. the food and service were both good and the outdoor restaurant looks stunning at night time. i would stay here again next time i pass through bacalar. i do believe this is the nicest accommodations in bacalar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar