We stayed here 1 night in March 2014. Too bad we only stayed 1 night since the place is AMAZING!
The staff is VERY friendly and helpful! We fully recommend to take the boat tour with Captain Javier. He is so passionate about showing the amazing places this magical Lagoon has to offer.
The hotel is very nice & very well maintained! The gardens are also very nice & well kept! The room (room next to the Lagoon) was perfect! Right next to the water and with a front area to sunbathe. The room was perfectly cleaned and very spacious!
Dinner at the hotel’s restaurant was very good as well!
We loved staying at this hotel and fully recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar