“"I'll Be Back"”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Poza Rica
Gulfport, Mississippi
“"I'll Be Back"”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This La Quinta Inn hotel on a hill was the 3rd hotel I stayed at in Poza Rica and my No1 pick. Just about everybody at the hotel including restaurant staff speak English, a great plus in this area. The hotel is close to a large shopping area that incudes a new Walmart.
The rooms are very clean with modern furniture but a bit short on drawer space, the closet is spaceous. Flat screen TV of a good size with American shows (English speaking) but no English speaking news channels. Shower is the walk in type, large and all marble. The wash basin is raised higher than normal making it very practicle without having to bend over so much as you do with regular hotel wash basins. The bed very comfortable but as mentioned by another reviewer, the pillows are a bit high, I like to sink into my pillows. The cleaning staff are very friendly. The restuarant has very high quality food and everything I ordered tasted absolutely fantastic. I would rate the quality of food at least as good as a 4 star hotel restaurant in the USA. Local dishes and a very good selection of international dishes too. All the fish dishes I ordered were melt-in-the-mouth including Calamari. Meat dishes were very good and the presentation on plate is nice, obviously a chef that takes great pride in his work.
The gardens have a view and are very well kept and the pool by the gardens quite original and surrounded by tables with umbrellas. A great place to relax after a hard day. There is also a bar close to the pool and some quite intimate seating areas outside for that romantic time, the restaurant will serve food out there too. For families there is a pretty good children's play area with swings, slide, etc. The weekend eveinings outside seem to get booked for receptions of graduating students, birthdays and weddings with live music and firework displays. The rooms are all well sound proofed so you shouldn't be disturbed. You will still have access to the same outside area too. I will definately return to this hotel for future business trips. An airport shuttle is provided.

Room Tip: Room with garden and pool view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Monterrey
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I recently attended to a business trip to Poza Rica, Mx and my client recommend me this hotel being brand new and with a good location.

When we got to the hotel I was pleasent surprised because hotel is in fact very nice and modern and all facilities looked very nice, clean an new. There is also a big shopping mall 500 mts away, and in spite of is not suitable to reach it by walk, just take a taxi for another kind of restaurants.

Pool zone is tottally relaxing, so make sure to bring your swimming clothes to enjoy what hotel offers. I believe after a full day of business, its the best to take a dive over the infinity pool, very well appointed.

Hotel also offers free breakfast and not only common "american" type. You actually have a complete breakfast to start your day with fruit, yougurth, juices, bread, mexican "chilquiles", scrammbled eggs, fried beans and so on... very complete in fact.

It's a very nice option when traveling to this part of Mexico... I highly recommend it.

Bon voyage!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Davicho77
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stopped here on our way to the Yucatan. We had been on the road for 4 days and stayed at other nice hotels and one horrible hotel so it wasn't like we hadn't stayed at a nice place until then. But this hotel and their staff made every other place seem mediocre. It was comfortable, homey, lush, and perfect for us and our Chihauha. The staff was great. They made us feel welcome even though our Espanol was very limited. We will definitely spend a night or more there on our way back home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 15 in Poza Rica
Hotel Casa Blanch
Hotel Casa Blanch
#2 of 2 in Papantla

Been to LQ Hotel by La Quinta Poza Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about LQ Hotel by La Quinta Poza Rica

Property: LQ Hotel by La Quinta Poza Rica
Address: Calle Las Flores 1, Poza Rica 93210, Mexico (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites Poza Rica)
Region: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Veracruz > Poza Rica
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Poza Rica
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — LQ Hotel by La Quinta Poza Rica 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your LQ Hotel by La Quinta Poza Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.