“Brilliant Experience!”
Review of Maison Christina

Maison Christina
Reviewed 25 July 2014

In July 2014 we - a group of three touring cyclists - stayed at Maison Christina. We were welcomed by Christiana and her parents who were helping out over the summer. Christiana is a very stylish lady who has imposed her style on both the accommodation and the food. Each of the bedrooms is furnished and decorated in a unique style - se we spent some time exploring each others bedrooms. The meals were excellent - especially the substantial breakfast (with a definite Northern European influence) which was ideal for three cyclists on their way to Perpignan.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed there for four Amazing nights. Cristina could,t do enough for us, over and above, outstanding service, daily baked fresh foods for breakfast. And dinners where consistently incredible. The atmosphere is so enchanting, decore, cafe, animals.
Beautiful High standards of service, unforgettable.
Highly Recommend!

Room Tip: It would,t matter which room because they are all AMAZING!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kimaya2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Christina has created a true gem with cozy and fabulous interior decoration and a wonderful kitchen. We arrived without prior notice and received the best imaginable and very personal treatment. Christina served freshly baked homemade bread and wonderful food and even baked a great chocolate cake especially for us.
She is worth a detour!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed there for 1 night traveling as a couple. The town is very very quiet and perfect to relax and get away from the city stress. It's perfect if you just want to be outdoors and in contact with nature.

Christina is a fantastic host, she really looks after her customers and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The breakfast is very nice with lovely danish bread, homemade marmalades, cheeses, and teas.

Room Tip: Get the room with ensuite facilities and with a river view Food is well worth it. There's not m...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuisPintoBenavides
Reviewed 26 December 2012

There is no finer host than Christina. I couldn't have felt more welcome.I spent nearly a week at this charming guesthouse in Renne Les Bains. It is the ideal place to explore this part of the Languedoc region from either in the low or high seasons. If you are looking for 5 star luxury, check into 5 star hotel,Christina has a low tech,comfy yet homely feel. If Christina can accomomdate your request, she will. I moved my mattress on the floor as the foot boards on the bed make it impossible for anyone over 5'10" to get a decent nights sleep. I am 6'4". I can't imagine a fussy old French pension owner allowing me to do that. Christina went out of her way to make sure I was looked after. In the morning the Danish style baked breads are to die for.

The only issue with this hotel in the winter is the heating. It hasn't got any except electric fan heaters in the rooms.Except the dining room with a log fire. As I tend to get cold in many hotels due to air con that can't be switched off, I carry a lightweight sleeping bag with me to use as an extra blanket that I can keep my feet in.

Room Tip: ask for one with ensuite facilities
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Aaaaah, Maison Christina, what a lovely place.We stayed overnight on the 2nd floor in a beautiful room with a shower.When we arrived we were 'met' by one of Christina's dogs, relaxing on his high bed in reception.Soon we met Christina's other dog and one of the cats as well! Christina herself is a lovely welcoming young lady, we took to her instantly!
After travelling all day, we were not very hungry, so did not require one of the lovely(home cooked!) hot meals.Not a problem said Christina and brought us a lovely platter with cheese,fruit and home baked bread and of course some very nice wine, all beautifully presented.The atmosphere in Maison Christina is very warm, welcoming and homely.We could happily have stayed a lot longer, but (unfortunately?) had to view some properties in another area.After a peaceful and very good sleep, breakfast in the morning was varied and plentyful, again with beautiful home baked bread.We could not have asked for better!We can thoroughly recommend Maison Christina to anyone visiting the area, you'll not find better!Thanks Christina, you are the best!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne F
Reviewed 31 May 2012

While staying in the Aude region - we included a visit to the hot springs of Rennes-les-Bains and having read a few reviews of Maison Christina, I knew I would definitely be popping in for at least a coffee - if not for lunch! I was not disappointed....it began with the first "taste" of the ambience of this quaint little hostelry - the stillnes, the calm, the choice of interesting pieces of characterful old furniture.....just right! And followed through to the welcoming old doggies, resting in their corner of the entrance, as I had read in other reviews.....to the friendly welcome from Christina herself. I chose to sit in the elegant little diningroom and was absolutely smitten with the delectable chocolate cake served with my perfect cappauccino! A bit later I knew I simply HAD to try the hot chocolate a previous reviewer had enthused about. Once again - I was not disappointed. It was heavenly. When my husband joined me later after his longer visit to the hot springs, he chose a jamon and salad wrap : exquisitely presented...... One is left with the impression that this lovely presentation and quality of service must surely flow through to all that Maison Christina offers - and we would certainly consider a little sojourn in this delightful gem tucked away on the main road, next time we visit those hot springs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish G

Been to Maison Christina? Share your experiences!