“unbelievable”
Review of Hotel Marjorie 'Y'

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tema
Hotel Marjorie 'Y'
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tema
Reviewed 18 October 2012

we were eating when the supervisor attend to see whether everything is okay with and immedately he left our sight a waitress came to the bar, in front of the whole guest shouting, insulting and quarreling with someone at the bar which shows unprofessionalism unside of the waiteress aside that the food also took much too long before serving but the service was okay, management needs to sit down with the waitress, because if someone is eating we have alot in our minds which expert something professional

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank andrewssteve

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I "had" to stay because I had to work in Tema and did not want to drive up and down to Accra every day. Rooms look look reasonable but outdated at first sight but are old and not worth the money. Poor cleaning and maintenance add to this impression. Extensive use of "breathtaking" air-fresheners inn the room ruined my nights. Pool Area looks nice but that doesn't help if you're there to work. Breakfast is a joke to international standards but apperently good enough for Tema. By the way: breakfast at Tema International Hotel is worse! Service staff is having loud conversations. I am looking forward to test the Royal Nick Hotel, which is opening soon around the corner of the Marjorie Y and supposed to become the first hotel in Tema with international standards. I had a sneak-preview and it surely looks good already. If the manage to get the service on the same level, I'll surely be going there. Driving up and down to Accra becomes an option otherwise.......

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SeenItBeenThere
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The title of my review i guess says it all because of the spectacular services i have received upon my visit a month ago to this wonderful hotel.The hotel atmosphere is so siren and the rooms have modern facilities of intentional standard.Their internet connectivity is fast and consistent.Their pool is very clean and treated everyday.Their food is one of the best if not the best i have tasted in recent times and their workers are very friendly especially the front office and housekeeping.
However, more recreational dept could be created to cater for all kinds of persons with varied hobbies.I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel which is the best among those i have visited in and around Tema

Room Tip: Higher floors gives you a nice view of the hotel and its environs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank janet K
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I had a wonderful stay with my wife in Sept. 2011. Neat deluxe room was given to as. As a Ghanaian, the African meals were just on point. In-fact, I felt rejuvenated after my 4 days stay and will try to visit Marjorie Hotel if I visit Tema anytime within the year.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the deluxe room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank abafum i
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stood 5 days in this hotel. I booked a single room but changed immediately to a deluxe room. The single room was small, dark with a North korean style badroom and no internet connection. The deluxe room was better, more space, flatscreen TV and (sometimes) internet. They have a swimming pool but I had no time tro try it. But it looked attractive and clean. Breakfast outside at the pool is at the limits of acceptable : Nescafe powder coffee, orange juice with an expired aftertaste and tasteless fruits. For me it's a mystery where in Ghana they can find such tasteless fruit. But they have scrambled eggs.

In the restaurant we have been waiting for hours to be served and it took so long that the waitress already forgot about us an thought we had finished ! One time they refused to serve because it was raining and in order to go to the kitchen they had to pass through the rain and therefore we've received our <cold> hot meal only after it stopped raining, one hour later. Another time the cook already left home after we had ordered but nobody of the restaurant staff seemed to be aware of it.

This hotel has been completely built by Chinese with Chinese materials and you can see it : Poor quality materials, TV and A/C Remote controls were in Chinese (I couldn't find how the change the channel) language only. I wonder how this hotel will look in 5 years time. The chambermaid was very friendly and the room very clean. There are 2 floors but there's no elevator !

Many foreigners stay in this hotel and that is normal because it is the best alternative if you need to be in Tema and don't want to waste your time in the endless traffic jams between Accra and Tema.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Roadman3
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Spent 10 nights in this establishment which is situated not far from the port of Tema.
Hotel is in community 5
Took a suite which was massive but spartan to say the least.
One sofa and one armchair which was built for pygmies and was so dirty that
it looked like a tribe of them had slept there!
I arrived on a Friday and TV which didn't work wasn't fixed til the following Monday despite
repeated requests.
Food (Dinner) served by the pool took forever and was cold on arrival.
Surly faces all alround if you complained about anything.
No satelite tv only news channel CCTV (Chinese)
Complimentary water left in the fridge costs 2 cedi per bottle. Fridge took me about 3 hours to clean as I had to remove about 3 kg of ice to get it to work.
Had to beg to stay in the room for a late checkout at 1 pm
This after 10 miserable days at USD 140 (the best room)
There are better hotels such as the Chrismon at half the price. However this was my Clients choice because it was the most expensive!

Room Tip: There are no lifts in this hotel and suites are on the top floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank captdave5
Reviewed 8 March 2012

i must admit i was a bit hesitant about booking a hotel in Tema for very good reasons. i was however quite impressed during my 5 day stay at this hotel. Beautiful and clean hotel grounds with modern facilities in the room. most of the staff were quite attentive and helpful and the pool was quite spectacular and clean compared to others i'v seen. The only setback was the breakfast buffet which could do with more options, especially the eggs. with stable wi-fi in my room and the lobby i most definitely got my money's worth.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Hamilton107
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tema
Royal Nick Hotel
Labadi Beach Hotel
Labadi Beach Hotel
#1 of 91 in Accra
Ave Maria Health & Wellness Resort

Been to Hotel Marjorie 'Y'? Share your experiences!