“pleasant stay”
Review of Royal Nick Hotel

Royal Nick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tema
Reviewed 30 April 2014

i stayed for 5-6 days and overall it was nice. Staff was very supporting, breakfast buffet had limited options, but again if we compare as per rate its best.
rooms were clean and cosy.

i changed hotel as my travel agent booked this hotel in tema while i had to work in accra

1  Thank AshwaniMishra
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Ashwani Mishra

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely look into the items we put out in the mornings for breakfast. I would appreciate it if you could maybe send me a list of some items that you would like to see on the buffet. My email address is: gm@royalnickhotel.com.

Myself and my team hope to welcome you back again in the near future to our hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I am a united states based and I was really disturbed about getting a good place to sleep in ghana. A friend introduced royal nick and it was just perfect. Tight security, clean environment, nice food and nice employees. Apart from the salon which was a little cluttered. Every thing was perfect

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank afriquebest
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you so much for your kind words, myself and my management team try everyday to improve the hotel in all aspects. it is very encouraging when we get such good comments as yours, it tells us that we are doing something right and motivates us to continue to improve.

I will definitely look into the salon being cluttered.

We hope to see you soon at the Royal Nick Hotel.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel could be better maintained. With new manager it might be no illusion. Beside the reduced hygiëne the Christmas preps showed the feelings and heart this hotel carries. The new chef cook is a real add. Take in account that in general all Ghana people are polite. The hotel is close to the white man's death area. Malaria. Protect yourself before the long walks. Once you are back in the hotel take a shower and enjoy sitting at the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Pierre S

Thank you for your review.

Myself and my team are continuously working on different maintenance projects and also on the hygiene in the hotel. If we have missed anything I would kindly ask you to send me more information in this regard, I would really appreciate it if you could send it to my email address: gm@royalnickhotel.com. We will without a doubt look at it and correct where necessary.

Malaria is a problem in the area, as a hotel we take this quite seriously, we have experts coming in regularly to fumigate the hotel against mosquitos and other pests, we also caution all our guests in our directory of service as well as making complementary mosquito repellent available in the rooms as a standard.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Christmas decorations we put up in the hotel as well as the cuisine we offered with our new chef.

I agree, there is nothing better than having a cool shower and having a refreshing drink served by one of our friendly staff at the pool.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have eaten at the hotel restaurant several times, and the food quality is poor, despite being told that they have a new chef. First of all, the restaurant is almost never ready for service at the scheduled time of opening. I was there yesterday for lunch and they were setting up for the buffet whiles we were in the restaurant. So much noise and staff yelling all over the place. They have a penchant for not giving has been ordered. A while back I ordered grouper (which is a white fish) and they served a completely different looking fish. When I brought it to their attention, they tried to convince me that it was grouper. After insisting that it was not, and showing an image of what grilled grouper should look like, they finally agreed to the error and brought me the right thing. I guess they were counting on me not knowing the difference. I ordered grilled fish yesterday, and was served steamed fish. The waiter could've cared less when I brought it to his attention, which means they haven't been properly trained on how to deal with wrong orders/ food issues. If you happen to have lunch there when they are also catering to a meeting group, then forget about it. You pay for a buffet, and there is not food left after the meeting group goes through the line, and they look at you with a blank stare when you complain about it. They don't offer any other alternatives and still charge full price. They use the same oil for French fries that they used to fry seafood. Overall, it could be much better if they cared about their product.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KOG
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Sir

First of all I would like to apologize to you for the poor food quality as well as the bad service you received.

I have taken note of all the issues you mentioned in your review, I will be addressing them immediately. Myself and my team take pride in good service at our hotel, so when we get such feedback from our guests, we take it seriously.

I would appreciate it if you could send me an email with your details on it, so that I can make contact with you to apologize to you in person, as well to invite you back as my guest to the restaurant to see that we do take guests comments seriously and we correct our mistakes when they happen.

My email address is: gm@royalnickhotel.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

As the Marketing Manager responsible for GOIL TEMA ZONE, I was looking for a good venue to have a meeting with my Fuel Station Managers from three regions in the country. Proximity was key.
I got stuck along way until my kids sighted your billboard.
I quitely decided this was it. I then detailed a team member to check it out.
We finally organised the meeting yesterday. Services were excellent. George Emil was very great and other staff friendly Everyone was happy.
I must say Tema now has a hotel of the same repute as the major ones in Accra. I no longer have to travel to Accra just to have meeting/ Conferences with my Fuel Station Managers. The Chef's choice for the day was also excellent. I also got a tour of the facility and I'm surely coming back. No more Accra trips.
THANK YOU ROYAL NICK HOTEL.

ANNE JUDITH AGBODO
ZONAL MARKETING MANAGER
GOIL- TEMA

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne A
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Ms. Anne Agbodo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am pleased to see that you were pleased with our facility and staff, with a special mention of George.

It is a absolute pleasure that we could be of service to you.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We are expats and local in the community and put people in hotels all the time being a maritime agency. This is a good place to come for a drink and possibly stay but do not expect good service in the evenings as far as food is concerned. This is not the first time that we have experienced problems. A typical example would be a few days ago a colleague of mine ordered a tuna sandwich in the bar and it took one hour to get there. Last night I took five guests for dinner. Service in the bar was excellent with good drinks except the minute we asked to sit outside and for them to prepare a table everything started falling down. For six people they put two extra chairs around a four seater table. Menus were given but we had to look for a waitress to give an order. She was most offhand. 90 minutes later the food had not arrived despite having asked three times. Three orders then came out of chicken Kiev all of which was stone cold. I went to the reception desk and asked the receptionist to call the manager. He was called and when he heard of the problem he asked for this to be referred to the duty manager. John the duty manager came and under very difficult circumstances he was charming polite and tried to explain to us the problem. At that stage the fourth meal arrived which was hot. My own meal came and it was the wrong order and the waitress who took the order really couldn't have cared. The final order for the person who we were trying to give a good time as she was leaving for Greece had to be taken home as we had all finished our order. We are told that it is a lack of staff and that new staff have been recruited. I took exception to the fact that the South African manager refused to come down. I took exception to the receptionist calling the duty manager and saying "these expats.... " The hotel is trading on being definitely the best in the area but with terrible service as far as the restaurant is concerned. This was further shown during the period when the Christmas tree lights were switched on and a buffet was served. Total shambles. So if you want to have a drink okay but don't expect in the immediate future any good service as far as food is concerned unless you stick to the Buffet only. It is such a pity as they have a great product and with the right management and with management that cared it would be better than many hotels in Accra. I do however commend John and his excellent efforts to try and salvage the situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Deborah E London
Thank you for your honest review on your experience at the Royal Nick Hotel. I would firstly like to offer a sincere apology for the entire incident as described in your story.

As General Manager of the hotel, I try to deal with all guest-related issues personally, but on that particular evening I was unable to attend in person at that time and so referred you immediately to the manager on duty.

As guest service is the focus of both me and my staff, I am taking this review very seriously. Both the attitude of the receptionist and the food service issues are not acceptable, and I am, in conjunction with my management team, putting in place measures to ensure that both issues are effectively addressed. Improvement of service delivery and with particular food service has been my focus since I joined the hotel, and is an ongoing process.

I have tried to secure your contact details as I would like to speak to you in person, but have been unable to do so. If you could email me at gm@royalnickhotel.com and let me have a phone number, I would like to give you a call regarding the whole matter.

I do ask that you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves, and ask you to feel free to contact me personally at any time.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 January 2014

There is now a new chief in place and the menu is being improved. The food is of a good standard. House keeping is now first class with rooms cleaned to suit your schedule. Friendly service throughout, from hotel manager to cleaners. After stopping at all other options the Royal Nick is still the best option in Tema. Alcohol could be cheaper ?.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DinoUrbani, General Manager at Royal Nick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Chris

Thank you for taking the time to right this review. I am happy to hear that you find our new menu and food of a good standard. Myself and the staff of the Royal Nick Hotel try everyday to improve the standards of the hotel for our guests, I am happy to see that it is paying off.

As far as the prices for the Alcohol is concerned, the vat has increased in Ghana and all hour prices are vat included, but I will definitely look into it.

once again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Dino Urbani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tema
Crismon Hotel
Villa Monticello
Villa Monticello
#5 of 90 in Accra
Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra

Been to Royal Nick Hotel? Share your experiences!