This was our 18th visit to Bandos and the best one to date. Upon arrival at the airport we were met by the Bandos representative and advised that they were still waiting for other passengers, however, 15 minutes later we were on the speedboat for the 10 minute transfer to Bandos.
On arrival at the island we were met with a cold drink and towel and our registration cards had been completed by reception taking our details from past visits. A signature later and we were on our way to our room.
The island was 100% occupied due to football teams staying there to compete in the AFC Cup. All the footballers were in standard rooms, so many guests were upgraded.
The island still did not seem crowded and the dive centre was quiet. The diving was some of the best we have experienced, viz was ok against the reefs, but not that great into the blue, but the fish life was abundant - Mantas, big reef sharks, eagle rays, sting rays, turtles, Napoleans and a leopard shark on one dive. The currents were not too strong either.
We opted for B&B this time, we found breakfast to be varied at the Gallery Restaurant, but even though we were going to breakfast early, it was very busy with groups of very loud Chinese guests. Lunch and dinner were taken either at Seabreeze or Sundowners, where a much more relaxed atmosphere could be enjoyed.
The weather was very changeable while we were there, with several overcast days and a couple of thunderstorms, however most of the rain happened during the evening and night.
I celebrated my birthday whilst there, and Bandos arranged for a birthday cake at dinner, and decorated our dinner table.
As we were leaving the island the dive centre was being relocated as a 2 month renovation is being undertaken on Sundowners and the dive centre. We are looking forward to seeing the changes on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives