We booked a week at Bandos as a wind down week following a week on a Liveaboard (Blue Honors Legacy).
The transfer to the island was very quick and well organised. We had arrived early due to leaving the boat soon after breakfast but on arrival and checking in were told that our room was ready for us.
We had booked the Deluxe Room and it was lovely, very spacious and very clean. The bathroom was huge with a bath and a separate shower area. There was a turn down service every evening with fresh towels brought in if needed.
We stayed on an all inclusive basis.
We mainly ate at the Gallery restaurant because of this but must say the food was very good with plenty of choice at every meal. We had a couple of snacks at the Sea Breezes restaurant and, again, this was lovely. Drinks were fine, although they say local brands on an AI basis, some of the options were well known names which was fine. We spent most evenings drinking at the Sundowner bar by the sea watching the sharks swimming by.
The pool is small but as it wasn't busy when we were there this was never an issue as there was always plenty of space. Beaches were beautiful and plenty of sunbeds around.
The only minor complaint was knowing where and when the AI applied, all meals at the Gallery restaurant were included but other options became a bit confusing! You couldn't have an alcoholic drink at the pool bar, you couldn't have a hot tea or coffee at another bar before 11am and you could only eat at the Sea Breeze between 3pm and 5pm. You could have a beer at one bar but no food, or you could have food but no beer at another! Having stayed on AI basis at many other hotels in other areas of the world I can't understand why there has to be such restrictions within the resort,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives