“sunday lunch”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Armagh, United Kingdom
“sunday lunch”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Called in when passing through Rostrevor for sunday lunch,we were greeted warmly by a lovely young waitress.I ordered roast beef which was absolutely amazing, very tender and full of flavour,the accompanying vegetables were cooked to perfection---no charge for extra gravy either! My friends meal was also excellent-roast chicken.Service was quick and the whole restaurant was buzzing, I will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank annvale35

Rathfriland, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to The Old School House and we were very pleased with everything. We both had soup which was Sweet potato and coconut it was so good and something different. We then had a panini and a focaccia and halfed them between us, as simple as the food was it was very tasty and quite filling. The service was friendly and efficient they also have a great selection of drinks and where surprised to see Efes beer. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be back.

Lisburn, Northern Ireland
“Ooh lasagne.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited this gem of a place on the 12/07. We called in due to seats available outside and we had a puppy with us. When I walked in the place was really busy but I was immediately acknowledged with a welcome smile and was given menus and ordered 2 coffees there and then.
We ended up ordering lasagne & chicken strips. I must say this is by far the best lasagne I ever eaten. We got bannoffee pie & cheesecake to take away they r both outstanding.
This is a great start to a holiday and will sure to be back before we leave.
Thank you.

“Great food but let down by serving coke in 200m bottles”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Went to meet friends for coffee ended up having food. The service was first class as was the food. Was let down by the soft drinks on offer. Ordered coke which came in 200ml bottle. This size of soft drinks has a home in bars to be served with vodka or similar,not with a main course in restaurant. The main idea with a lot of food outlets is to serve you this size of drink in the hope that you will have it used by the time your order is served and so will order another . For this reason I would be put off eating here again. Shame as the food was good

• Visited July 2014
Newry, United Kingdom
“Friday night disappointment”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went for supper tonight as I'd been for lunch on Tuesday and it was fantastic , tonight was not as good very disappointed in my meal , Greek salad to start was ok but lacking in olives main meal was the burger which was like rubber and tasted totally processed yuk in fact double yuk , I did complain and they did apologise , hubby had chicken starter and fish and chips which was amazing he was pleased with his , we then had 2 coffees bill came to £40.70 , I really thought they would have given us the coffee as complimentary as I'd complained , no such luck so my advice don't have the burger it's not worth £10.50 will not be back

• Visited June 2014