“"A Real Treat"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mourne Wood B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rostrevor
Mourne Wood B & B
Ranked #5 of 9 Rostrevor B&B and Inns
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“"A Real Treat"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed are stay . Siobhan was a truly lovely host and made us feel welcome right from the phone call to book. The tea and cake on arrival set the scene for a friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was a treat. We had a full fry beautifully presented with freshly squeezed orange juice and a bowl of delicious fresh fruit salad. Thank you we will be back and we are telling all our friends.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms. They are all lovely
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for that lovely review and its very kind of you to recommend Mourne Wood B&B to your friends.
I know that you are both very interested in music so don't forget that the "Blues on the Bay" and the "Fiddler's Green" Festivals will be coming up soon so perhaps you'll get the chance to visit again (and you are very welcome to borrow the guitar at any time).

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
aghadowey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here whilst on a trip to see Santa! We have four children aged 6, 5, 5 and 3 so finding suitable accommodation is not always easy! Thankfully we found Mourne Wood online. We were only stayiing for one night, but all found this an enjoyable trip, mainly due to the comfortable, clean and well-equipped rooms on offer and the delicious breakfast which set us all up for our journey home! We found the tariff very reasonable and would definitely return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. To be honest the pleasure was all mine as it was so heart warming to see the four excited little faces and share the innocence and wonder of your delightful ( and extremely well behaved) children
I'm sure you will cherish those memories as will I.

I very much hope that we will see you all again.
Maghera, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

A great B&B to stay. The hospitality was excellent and the service went beyond of what I'm used to of an B&B. The fry in the morning was lovely and the room very comfy. Stayed here to have a go at the local mountain bike trails. Really ideal location, is not even an mile from an access point to the trail. If you want it is just a 15 minute walk to the center with a well lighted path. Will remind this one whenever I'm up for another go at the local trails!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for such a warm and complimentary review. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Mourne Wood. Hopefully the second phase of our new mountain bike trails will be starting soon so there will be even more for you experience on your return and of course we have the walking, hiking, windsurfing and sailing to try as well.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Swords
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and two friends stayed here at the start of October as we were partaking in the red bull fox hunt. It was definitely by far the nicest B and B I have had the pleasure to stay in. I have never written a review before but felt compelled because of the excellent hospitality supplied by the owner Siobhan. To say she went above and beyond is truly understating it. Would highly recommend to anybody to stay here and experience it for yourself. Will most definitely be back!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
HI Catmurf,
I'm delighted that you and your friends want to come back. That's the nicest compliment that any guest can pay me.
I must say that I was very glad to see you all back safe and sound from the Red Bull Hunt. It did sound a little bit dangerous but I've now seen some of the video clips and it looks exhilarating and tremendous fun.
Hopefully we'll have many more such events in Rostrevor.
Look forward to seeing you all back soon.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Four of us stayed at Mourne Wood for the Fiddlers Green festival, really beautiful clean with a charming owner Siobhan.
The breakfasts were wonderful, all the extras were appreciated, the cake and tea on arrival, cakes all through the week, made by her daughter, and the knowledge of the local area was so lovingly given.
We will return, and recommend it to any visitors
It's like a home from home, well done and thank you to Siobhan and family, and a lovely walk into the villiage!

Room Tip: All good! Could not get ant better, not bothered by noise in this quiet area
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bernadette C
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
What a delightful surprise to hear from my guests from Oz. I'm sure that you're glad to be back home after your extensive travels.
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and managed to take in so many of the events of our Fiddlers Green festival.
My daughter has asked me to tell you that it was a pleasure to bake for such appreciative guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Rostrevor soon.
Dungannon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed for a night and loved it. The breakfast was great with an amazing selection of food with pancakes, salad,cereals and the fry was amazing.The rooms were excellent and we loved the new ensuite. Siobhan is an excellent hostess and catered for everything we asked for.Extremely close to Rostrevor mountain bike park.Mountain biking magazines,leaflets etc were set out for us when we arrived and we were allowed to keep our bikes locked up in the garage out of harms way. We will all be back without a doubt and are already planning our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I really appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to post a review.
We now have the new TV installed so everything is ready to welcome you on your return.
I look forward to welcoming you all back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently stayed at Mourne Wood B&B for 3 nights, as I was visiting Rostrevor for a wedding. I shared a double room with a friend who was also a wedding guest. The room had two comfortable double beds, and an en suite bathroom featuring a really decent walk-in shower. We just felt really welcome, and Siobhan is warm, friendly, and very helpful. We forgot to request a later breakfast the day after the wedding, and so slept through it, but Siobhan offered to make us some anyway, when we finally stumbled out of bed. Fantastic service! The food is top quality and perfectly prepared. There is plenty of choice, and portions are very generous! Special dietary requirements are also accommodated, no problem. The house is situated a 10-15 minute walk from town centre, which offers nice walks through park land, along the beach, or for the more adventurous, up the surrounding hills. The views from the hill tops are stunning!
Rostrevor is a lovely place, and I would definitely recommend Mourne Wood as a base for anyone who is visiting.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Viking Invader,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay here in Mourne Wood B&B.
I hope that you will be the first of a wave of new Viking Visitors that we will be delighted to welcome to Rostrevor.
Both you and your ancestors discovered that Rostrevor is a lovely place and as it is nestled in the foothills of the Mournes on the shores of Carlinn's Fjord (Carlingford Lough), we hope that you will feel right at home.
I look forward to your next visit !
Siobhan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rostrevor
The Whistledown Hotel
The Oystercatcher
The Oystercatcher
#3 of 9 in Rostrevor
Fir Trees Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mourne Wood B & B? Share your experiences!