We were here on a family vacation, had booked all inclusive package.
When we arrived we felt welcomed, they immediately interacted with kids and made them felt comfortable so that we can take care of other business.
We got upgraded to their suits which were nice but that was it.
When we went to actual suits,.... well in one suit water was coming out of bathroom, in another AC wasn't working, in yet another you can see socket opened in the bathroom, hair dryer hanging on one screw to list the few.
Dinner first day was totally bland, when we complained they offered to make it customized dinner for us as per our taste as they cannot do that for whole buffet considering wide clientele.
Next day we did ask and still it was no improvements !
However their breakfast was excellent, wide variety... live cooking everyday for breakfast too. So you can get Dosa, Parathas, Omelettes, Eggs ready as per your order. We loved breakfast.
We didn't have lunch there everyday but all the days that we had, it was good, a lot better than dinner they serve. So seems like they had different chefs for breakfast, lunch, dinner....who knows.
Their cocktails at bar were over-priced and having tasted all over the globe i can say not a bit authentic.
However staff was really helpful and friendly. All the problems we reported they tries to take care of it until the check-out day.
There is not much around the resort at a walking distance (apart from 2-3 general stores) if you want to walk outside in the evening. So with small sleepy kids at the time we felt as if restricted in the resort.
We requested a late check-out ( 2 hours late only than their 11:00 o'clock check-out) time, they denied. We requested to have just one room for two ours and if our rooms were booked to give us a standard room so that kids can sleep, they didn't listen a single thing. We had a real hard time with one kid being 6 months, one being 1 years old and another being 3.5 years old.
The taxi we booked for airport didn't arrive on time and we nearly missed our plane.
We did have good time at resort but that was mainly as we were in a group.
But this is not what we expect after spending so much on a few days vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda