Stayed at Royal Orchid Beach Resort Jan 28 - Feb 2, 2014, reservation was for a 5 star resort with two beds as I was travelling with my daughter. ALL the cushions in the resort lobby had many visible stains on the fabric. After confirming at check in that I needed two beds we were taken to a room with a single king mattress in a solid wood frame, clerk tried to explain how by using two sets of sheets they would make two beds out of one mattress, Really?? Taken to a second, lesser quality, room and when my daughter took a shower she experienced muddy water coming out of the shower and the bathroom tap, shower stall brown from water, bath mat brown from feet, towel stained brown, WOW! Clerk & maintenance come to room and run water till it is yellowish, all okay now, NOT! Demand another room, all they have is a suite, hideabed had a severely stained 1 inch thick mattress, bring in a roll a bed. Manager spoken to next morning and assured us this was a 5 star resort & we could stay in suite if NEW two bed room was not okay, checked & decided not to move to fourth room, get static from desk clerk saying we would have to pay more, uh NO!, call manager again, okay to stay in suite, clerk says we are very lucky to stay in suite? Bathroom marble cracked & stained, had to ask for a clean bathmat each day. What is it with a 5 Star resort that charges for WiFi, made up half our room cost for the stay & they only give ONE bottle of drinking water the first night then charge for every bottle after that??? Did you see the water??? Resort had nice pool and grounds but every afternoon they turned the sprinklers on and a strong smell of manure wafted through the air, that and the smell of sewage in the bathrooms at night took away from the ambience. Tried room service second night, no answer, called later, told they were too busy?? Called later and told they might not have my selection, did not call back, called them back and they did have my selection. Staff was helpful with a medical issue but the over all experience was not that of a 5 star. Location was 25 minutes from airport and nearest town/city, so if you want night life go closer to northern or central Goa/ Panaji. If you are happy with a 3.5 star, then this is your resort location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sunspot Tours, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda