We did a lot of research and we wanted to stay at a place closer to the beach. We did visit north goa last time so all we wanted to do was relax this time. We chose this place since it was closest to beach and did seem value for money. We were wrong. From the moment we stepped in, we knew we were in trouble. We reached Goa early and called the hotel to see if we can get the room soon. The reception lady told us that we can come down and have breakfast and the room should be ready by then. They made us wait for close to 3 hours before giving us the room. The room itself was good size with a small balcony but there were places where you could see that the property is ignored. Room service was good. Note that there is a walkway from hotel to beach which goes via a swamp and it is extremely bad. It's not like the hotel or anyone has done anything about it. This pathway is also used by general public. Beach itself was very nice. Its a calm beach with good activity in the evening. Pool was also nice. There was simply fight at the breakfast counters. People just want to take too many things and the service is also extremely slow. The AC did not work one day in our room and the front office took almost an hour to give us another room. When they finally gave a room, they gave a room with double bed and said this was the only room available in resort. After pushing further, they gave us another king room (magically a room became vacant). Overall, it was not a very good experience and we will not return. I hope all Royal Orchid resorts are not like this otherwise we will have to ban the group altogether.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sunspot Tours, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda