“Good hotel, avoid during off season”

Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Utorda
Bengaluru, India
“Good hotel, avoid during off season”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Its a very nice hotel, friendly staff and good service. Close proximity to a very clean beach, simple decor, clean rooms with good views, it seems perfect. Breakfast buffet is a decent spread too. Loved the pool as well. The issue is when they accommodate the wedding parties, who are loud and lack in etiquette. They are noisy and can spoil the ambience. I guess this happens during off seasons when they have make up by hosting these destination wedding events.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PiyushTyagi, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing kind words of praise for our property.

At the same time , it is sad to know that you had to go thru inconvenience because of a group in house.

Do give us another chance to serve you again and i assure you we shall leave no stone unturned in order to make your stay memorable.

I shall be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Piyush Tyagi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very difficult to get a good hotel booked in goa if you don't reserve more than three months in advance. If you don't get one, this one is a good alternative at almost half the rates of a 5 star holiday.

We checked into a luxury room (1 bed room + 1 hall + a small balcony). It was decent with good cleanliness and linen. Pool was in front of the villa and was pretty good. Beach is 4 minutes walk, however approach path needs improvement. Beach is of white sand and a great place. Cosmos restaurant food is fantastic and the staff offer good service here. Especially, spread for veg is good. Unlike other parts, this one almost is of 4 star quality.

I would say their holiday saver package is a great value for money, while you still will find improvement required in transport, reception, room fittings refurbishment etc. when you are paying less than 25k and getting a 3 night holiday with food included and half day sight seeing and a beach nearby, you may not worry on minor issues.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and writing a very detailed feedback with regards to your recent stay at our Resort.

I would like to thank you for your kind words of praise and also at the same time have noted the areas of Improvement.

I would be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have made a group booking for a conference.last week.The package offered includes pick up and drop at airport. i have to check out on 10/08/2014t, I had clearly asked and confrimed with thier staff on 09/08/2014 if they are arranging to drop me at airport as per our package.
When I am checking out their staff told me that they wont be able to arrange me drop at the airport as per per the package group package offered to us . After repeated requests they had come up with the proposal that they will drop me at the airport in a vehicle booked by some other group.
When I boarded the vehicle with my wife and kid their staff told us to get out of the bus and asked me to book for a taxi on my own in a last minute for which I have to shell out Rs,800 though it is not my mistake. They dont have a person who can take the ownership and responsibility . There is no coordination among their staff.
If you want a professional and ethical service this is not the with place to stay. More over the roomo size is too small and the bathroom and toilet are stinking with Urine smell.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Ram102014
Dear Guest,

Kindly accept my sincere Apologies for the Confusion at the time of Check out. Do give us another chance and we shall ensure your stay is convenient.

I have taken it up with our Accommodation Team .

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked the accommodation at this hotel and wanted to change my reservation. it was really painful experience to deal with reservation desk. They kept on telling me that I must change reservations online only. I finally end up cancelling my reservation and they charged me 50% for cancellation and that was 2 weeks before actual date of reservation. There is no clear policy on change of dates and cancellation. Awful experience. I have told all my staff in India and Australia to never use this hotel for accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Maxscorpio
PiyushTyagi, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Its very unfortunate that you had to go thru all the pain as mentioned by you during the Reservation process.

I have taken it up very strongly with our Central Reservation Team at Bangalore and assure you that such instance shall not be repeated.

Please feel free to write to me at gm.galaxy@royalorchidhotels.com

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family, including kids, stayed at Royal Orchid for 3 nights in April mid this year.
Every part of the stay, from the warm welcome, at the Reception Area, to the convenient check-in, the staff's helpfulness, and the property itself, gave us the most relaxing and pleasant holiday we have had in Goa.
Not to forget, the ease of access to the beach side, and the peaceful, clean, and private-like experience of the beach make the property a must visit for anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in South Goa.
We had all meals included in the package, and we did not regret the decision. The food was of a very good standard, and with changes in the menu, we were never bored. The highlight of the culinary experience was the special Candle Lit dinner arranged for us at the famous Boat Quay Grill restaurant, that is part of the hotel.
I cannot end the review without thanking Mr. Piyush Tyagi and his entire team for enabling us to live this experience. Alas, it had to end after 4 days.
But for sure, we will be back....

~Jaspreet Singh

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JaspreetSehgal
Dear Guest,

Appreciate your comments with regard to your stay in April this year.

Thank you so much and shall look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We visited goa in early july and stayed at royal orchid beach resort...
Had read reviews about it earlier ...
All are true ...
The bad ones and the good ones...
This is not a 5 star nor 4 star, 3.5 would be better.
Cleanliness and urine smelly room and corridors issues is a significant one...
Good swimming pool but has tiles broken at many places which might severely injure ur feet....
Has a excellent beach...

But warning:- during rains the lifeguards donot let you enter the sea and constantly trouble you... And they do their duty seriously...

The staff throughout the resort are too good... Its they who convert all the 'cons' into pros.. In short they are excellent from reception guys to the watchman.

Food is extremely excellent too... But for the pure vegetarian might be risky... One day the doughnut for breakfast had a non - veg mark and next day had a veg mark...
One day the food server said nan had egg the other day other guy said no...
One day the cake was made of egg and same cake but flavour changed other day was without egg... So for the vegetarian and jains be extra cautious...
But good food and excellent restaurant staff...

There are lot of activites in the resort and organised excellently... Do enjoy them.

Spa is good too...

double bedrooms are smaller then the single/twin beds... For couples with kids the twin bedroom are not good and the smaller double bed room are extremely small...
The hotel needs a facelift and a good quality one...its the poor worksmanship of construction that the hotel is facing a bad image in this department of ageing rooms...guys get good quality contractors and workers for repairs and renovations...

all said had a great time and would like too come again anf hence have written so much...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Umedraisoni
PiyushTyagi, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for a detailed response with regards to your experience. Kindly accept my sincere apologies with regards to not meeting your expectation at Few areas like the Bathroom and Swimming Pool.

Thank you for your Positive feedback on food quality, Activities in the Resort , Spa and our Associates.

We have noted your comments and would certainly work on the same.

Do feel free to email me at gm.galaxy@royalorchidhotels.com in case of anything.

Looking forward to welcome you back at our Resort.

General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had organized a trip for 15 couples and I have not a single thing to complain about out even a suggestion was give.this was how perfect our vacation was.

The children especially were very well taken care of and they even remember the names of the staff like Manas a year after the trip.this is the kind of recall value the place has.

The beach restaurant was awesome. The pool was one of the best with a sunken bar and we had even organized a DJ near the pool.

The rooms, service, ambience, food, welcome..Everything was five star!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maansi G
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing this review . Its nice to know that you all had a good time with us.

Thank you for Appreciating our Pool and our Award Winning Restaurant on the Beach Side.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Piyush Tyagi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utorda
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#7 of 64 in Candolim
Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa

Been to Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa? Share your experiences!