“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Utorda
Bengaluru
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was in this hotel for just a day but promised myself that I will definetely go and stay there longer.

This is one of the best five star hotels I have stayed in India. Its got everything to suit all palates and at an amazing price. There are 3-4 restaurants, mini golf course, swimming pools, the beach, huge rooms, awesome room service, friendly staff and an amazing spa. The beach is at a walkable distance from the hotel and is a sort of a private beach exclusively only for the hotel.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank Orly D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Although I had been in contact with hotel staff before my arrival and had provided them with my flight data, hotel taxi was not available upon my arrival. After calling at hotel the issue was soon solved. The superior room provided with garden view was ok - garden view means looking into a green field (but no garden). If you want to look into the garden you have to book sea view which is I think more expensive.
The hotel itself looks very nice and romantic and is kept in a very good condition. Hotel garden area with palm trees etc. is quite large and very nice - even for walking. Direct access to the long beaches of GOA is available. Also the large swimming pools make the day quite enjoyable; even a playing ground and pool for children is available.
The food in restaurant is quite good - although the dinner buffet does not offer real specialities (Indian, seafood,.).
The rooms are in good condition, although already a bit old. TV in my room had only green picture - so I asked for an exchange. WIFI in room is not available - only in hotel lobby and chargeable.
As the hotel is filled up (90%!) with charter flights tourism you can imagine that silence in the night and respect of other hotel guests is not of utmost importance - so guests keep on drinking the whole night in the rooms and walking from one room to other and slashing room doors.
Also you have to be aware that check out is at 11:00 am - which I did not experience in any other good hotel before. However, I could negotiate a late check out for 1:00 pm.
Summarizing: for the price of Euro 140.- per night (which is equal to the monthly salary of an Indian worker) I was expecting really an excellent hotel in all aspects. It is a pitty the hotel decided for mass tourism instead of selected tourism.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Family Wedding was at this Hotel. We did not pick this Hotel but was picked by the wedding party. We found this Hotel Great Good location with nice beach and extensive gournds. Good pool. The staff were friendly but not trained right. Every day when having breakfast good number of them but not attentive at all you have to flag them to call and ask to bring tea and juice. Every hotel I have been as soon as you sit down they we take care of Juice and tea or coffee and will let you know about breakfast on offer but this was a big miss for this hotel. I am hoping the Hotel read this review and improve on this. But great breakfast and Live counter well managed and choice was good. Room serive if you order food and once finished left outside on the self no staff will pick this up till next moring when room being cleaned. To me this was ugly site outside each room when you walk to your room. Staff trainigng neede here big time.

Mumbai
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We have finalized this venue for our 3 day mini conference.

After landing on this place , we found this place as one of the amazing place in India.

The food quality was very nice. the rooms were clean.

the entire place has some

I have had a very good quality time .

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Hotel is very OK. There a re many many hotels in Goa which offer much better value for money. Food is pathetic, service is slow and facilities heading for disrepair.

The lawns between the beach are very nice and some of the sports facilities like tennis courts and pool well maintained.

The transportation like anywhere in Goa is unionised and a rip off. There are no scooter / two wheelers

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed at this hotel in February 2011. On arrival the hotel & staff seemed very pleasant and we thought that we had made the correct choice of hotel - this all very quickly changed!

After the farce that was the check-in procedure - it took the bell-boys almost 40mins to bring our luggage up to the room - which after a 18 hour trip was the last delay we needed.

The room itself was not too bad but the bathroom was in dire need of refurbishment and shower curtains needed to be changed. The hotels general cleanliness was also brought into question when we spotted a rodent dash across the lobby during our stay.

Throughout our stay we experienced a two tier level of service the British and Local guests were given a lower standard of service to that of the Russian Guests. There were signs displayed in Russian showing various discounts available to them but this was not available to English or other nationals. When questioned there was no reasonable explanation given and the sign simply removed from our view.

After bringing up the matter of the poor service we then went on to feel victimised as each time we walked past certain staff they would look in our direction, usher other members of staff to them and proceed to obviously talk about us.

Having stayed in may hotels (5* and less) around the world this is the first time I have felt the need to write a poor review of a hotel. Having paid amost $2000 for the bed and breakfast rate - I feel utterly let down - and we will NOT be recomending this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank DrP78
London
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I spent 10 days travelling around Mumbai and Goa and in that time I stayed in a hotel in Mumbai, a beach shack in Mandrem, a small B & B place near Bogmallo and The Kenilworth for 2 nights at the end of the holiday. The Kenilworth was by far the worst hotel of the holiday and the worst I've EVER stayed in!!

They got so many things wrong it is unreal. A list of problems included:

1) Picking me up from the airport ONE hour late and when I called them they expected me to call the driver and not VICE VERSA which became quite an expensive series of phonecalls.

2) When dropping me at the hotel, they brought all the bags in except for one, the one that had my passports in. This was ceremoniously dumped at the front exit of the hotel. No apology was received.

3) I politely asked the receptionist to re-confirm my return flight time and this wasn't done. When I asked why, the gentleman on the front desk lied to my face and said that the phones were busy. Hey presto another guy comes along and does it in TWO MINUTES!! Lying to customers is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

So then it gets a lot worse. I complained to the general manager, a very sleazy fellow with zero customer service skills. He heard my complaint and then called me in my room about two minutes later, briefly apologising and offering me a free meal in the buffet restaurant, which I accepted to keep the peace, what I wanted was a full refund. I already had a plan to go out for Valentines Day but he persuaded me I'd be well looked after!!

I sat in the empty restaurant for about two minutes and then ordered room service instead and this ruined the whole evening. Then to compound matters, the receptionist tried to charge me twice on check out, which simply added insult to injury!!!

The place is a joke and anyone thinking of staying there, I would advise you not to. Yes it does a few things right, the pool is nice, the guy running the tennis there is nice but there are so many things wrong with the hotel. Stay somewhere else, anywhere else but NOT HERE!!!!

You might read this and think I'm unreasonable but I'm not. I've stayed in a variety of hotel of all grades across the world and this is the WORST I've ever stayed in and the WORST I ever hope to stay in. If you look at my other reviews you will see that I am more than reasonable with my reviews.

1 Thank DanielLondon123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utorda
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort

Been to Kenilworth Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!