“Top Beach in South Goa”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Utorda
Bengaluru, India
“Top Beach in South Goa”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Utorda is cleanest beach one can ever get in Goa and best suited for couples and families. Kenilworth is good property with huge pool and good access to beach. Pros and cons are:
Pros:
* Cleanest white sand beach
* Clean compact rooms with some rooms with balconies
* Largest and cleanest swimming pool with exclusive pool for children and poolside bar
* Non-intrusive staff and good privacy
* Quick room service and house-keeping
* Some rooms with glass-pane bathrooms
Cons:
- Small Compact rooms
- Bathrooms without health faucet
- No sea facing rooms
- Not much activities and updates
- Expensive transport for sight seeing and pickup / drop to city. You are in the mercy of cab unions
- Not so friendly staff but then does not mean they are not good, may be they want to give couples full privacy. You wont see any staff members greeting you are hotel manager wishing you like in majorda or club mahindra
- Buffet food not tasty and limited but expensive
- I rate club mahindra Varca better in food
- Majorda better in offering large spacious rooms

But cleanest property which well maintained and great beach access with superlarge pool. Go for kenilworth if you are looking for non-intrusive staff and clean white sand beach couple with large pool.

Room Tip: Take room with balcony and glass bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
KenilworthHotels, Resort Manager at Kenilworth Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Your review titled”Top Beach in South Goa” informs the travellers about Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa’s magnificent location. Thank you for sharing the review detailing your experience with us.

We are happy to learn that you were impressed by our service offering as well. However your feedback for the buffet will be shared with the Chef and will consider more options to be included into the menu. As far as the pricing policy is concerned, we would like to inform you that it is set as per the industry standards.

We look forward to serving you with par excellence hospitality.

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

For the last 5 nights we have been living at the most beautiful Resort! Even thou it rained for a few days, we had a great time.

Enjoying the pool, the entertainmentroom, the tenniscourt and the spa! So many things to do, even thou its summertime and not so many guests. However, we think all the activities should be included for all guest, it does not cost much but it would be great not to pay extra for it.

Portofino has excellent food and service! The all day diner has a good menu! The only thing about the menu is that we were missing non-alcoholic wine and beers.
In the evening we could enjoy live music!

The staff has been very polite and helpfull. Every time we had a question, we got a good answer. Our waiter at Portofino, Monoj, did an excellent job and had the little extra quality over his work!

If and when we're coming back to Goa, the Kenilworth Resort will be the place to stay!

Sincerely
3 happy Norwegian friends!
Thomas
Joakim
Christopher

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa and sharing your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. At our resort, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. Your suggestions have been noted down and will be taken into consideration.

The entire team is glad to have you as an “ambassador” for our resort and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm writing this review after a week because I hadn't got time. My review is based on my first hand experience and comparison with other 5 star hotels I have stayed at in the past. I thought you should know little about me as well so you know that I am a frequent traveler. I have travelled across India to Ladakh, Sikkim, Bhutan, Nepal, North and South you name it and countless other places, slept in shacks, huts and in suffocating tents. To stay in Kenilworth was a surprise gift to my wife of 7 years.

I had been planning to drive down to Goa for a very long time. Travelling across the country and I wondered why have I not gone to Goa yet. Of course I am from Kerala who lived across the sea shore for a decade before moving into the city. So Goa was just another state with a sea shore. However this was not the case with my wife. So I decided to treat her for the weekend in a grand fashion.

I researched on many hotels in goa, My world! there are millions of hotels to choose from and I needed a quite place to stay over the weekend away from the hustle and bustle of North Goa. So reading TripAdvisor blogs helped me decide. I initially was about to book Ramada Carvela Beach resort at Varca. However just before I was about to book that hotel, the rooms got filled. Kenilworth was my second option. Before deciding to book a room at Kenilworth I called up Ramada. The response I got from the reception was very poor. They "Cold Transferred" my call. (It means, they transferred my call without telling me which means basically they bounced me which was rude). I thanked god I didn't get a reservation at Ramada because if I'm paying premium I expect impeccable service right from the service desk.

After the call with Ramada, I called Kenilworth. I was impressed really. The lady at the reception told me that I would be transferred to reservations and requested me to be on hold. Now that is what I mean by service. Sorry folks, after working a decade in the service industry, I know and expect first class service.

Kenilworth reservations confirmed that rooms were available. I immediately booked a room for 2 nights from Kenilworth website directly. I ensured that I do not touch, cleartrip, makemytrip and all other sites who attract customers with multiple discounts clubbed with loads of terms and conditions which we will never read. Reserving through Kenilworth ensured that if I had a problem with my reservations I would deal with Kenilworth directly.

As soon as booking was confirmed I called up Kenilworth again and confirmed my reservations. Kenilworth was able to view my booking instantly and I was happy that my plan was on track.

Next was to surprise my wife. I told her on Friday that she needed to pack a few pair of clothes and just forget about everything else for 2 days. So I started my car and drove down to Goa which took me some 16 hours. The experience driving down was breath taking. Travelling through Karnataka and Goa makes you wonder what roads! Fantastic. First class. You take any road in Goa and you will be blown away with the quality of the road.

I reached Kenilworth at 1PM considering 3PM was the check-in time. The first thing I noticed was, No shade in the car park area. Not even a makeshift. So rest ensured your car is baked like a cake in the Goa heat, pooped on by all the bird species and in the night if it rains your car gets even dirtier. This is just an observation. Now reaching Kenilworth. Lets say you don't have a GPS at all. Then I guarantee you a super hard time finding this resort because its deep inside Utorda roads. The Resort is situated just beside Orchids Resorts. I had GPS, so my phone took me straight to the entrance of the resort. Now If you are not driving down? Then none of which I just said now will matter to you.

Before check-in I requested the reception to allow us to have lunch because we were very hungry. They took our Identity proofs in order to do the check-in formalities while we had our lunch at Portofino restaurant. I must tell you that the professionals who manage Portofino are fantastic. The chef, waiters, and supervisors are world class. I mean it. My wife was hell bent on having Chilli Crab. I told her they don't even have Crab in the menu. But when I asked them about crab, they never say NO. The waiter went to the Chef and came back with a smile. "We will cook crab for you and serve with Rice". WOW! What more can I ask for. This treat of mine has just turned out to become superb!.

While we had crab, there was this family group who hijacked the entire Portofino restaurant. Although initially it was very irritating and annoying we just went with the flow. The staff also apologized for any inconvenience (which is not their fault). I wonder what level of manners a group of holiday makers have considering the fact the resort is shared by multiple guests.

After lunch we hit the Shower. Check-in process was smooth. After couple of hours we took off to the beach. The property is situated among a garden of Coconut trees and they have maintained the resort very well. I was not interested in the pool at all. Who cares for a pool when you have the endless sea just a few hundred feet away?

The lobby and open areas can get real humid during the day. But if you take a walk in the garden and slip down to the beach you can forget the heat because the sea water is absolute clear. Although not as neat as the Bahamas or Caribbean, Uttorda beach is much better and isolated than many other dirty beaches I have seen.

I have to warn you to get your own shorts and swim gear because due to the remote location of the resort there is no place nearby to purchase goods. No shacks on the beach. Careful of different sales men on the beach trying to sell you anything from A to Z. The resort itself is safe. I felt safe. I saw many families there. They have a separate Security guard who monitors who comes in and out of the beach. Life guards are available bang on at the exit of Kenilworth. This means, you don't cross the red flag towards the sea.

Let me talk about food. The breakfast menu have a variety of dishes which includes, Indian, Continental, French and English. Of all the food we I loved the breakfast. I was not impressed with the variety with the lunch menu however I wasn't disappointed either. Vegetarians would love the menu. Non-vegetarians would crave for more dishes in the Buffet menu. Buffet cost you 750 Rs plus taxes. When I compare the cost of buffet with 5 Start hotels in Hyderabad who would charge you 5 to 600 plus taxes with more varieties, I personally felt that lunch menu was a let down for me considering this was off-peak season.

They have a large Gym with all the latest equipment. The Spa is fantastic. I have to compliment that the staff at the spa are professionals.

Now that I realized I have typed around 7000 characters, I will conclude this review by saying, that for a short stay to enjoy the beauty, and quietness of South Goa, Kenilworth is a fantastic place to stay. If you are looking for a longer stay and not burn your pockets, then you may want to try other cheaper places.

Was it worth the time, definitely!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mohammed K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience in such a detailed manner.

We are happy that you choose to stay at our resort for your sojourn in Goa and that you enjoyed your time with us. Our team is happy to know that you found our service standards and facilities to your liking. The Chef attends to special requests of the guests to give them a unique culinary experience and is grateful for your kind appreciation.

Look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Bangalore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights here with my family and it was a wonderful timeout. Resort and facilities are good, vegetarian food is excellent (I am veg), beach is close and it is a very kids friendly place! To sum it up, great timeout and good relaxation for the family!

Room Tip: Rooms which face the pool on the 1st floor (Superior Delux) are nice!
1 Thank akash164
KenilworthHotels, Resort Manager at Kenilworth Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Kenilworth Goa.

We are very pleased to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and your kind recommendation about us as an awesome place for a family vacation is greatly appreciated.
Our location and food have always emerged as winners amongst our guests and we would like to thank you for commending us on this resourceful travel website.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kenilworth Goa.

Best regards,
Vishal Khosla,
Panjim, India
Reviewed 8 July 2014

i stay here on 5th july-2004 with my family.a very nice resort with all facilities,very good staff,beautiful swimming pool,cool place,very good food,nice beach get way,room service was very nice.comfortable sleep.nice bathroom.

Room Tip: all room are comfortable to stay.
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute delight to have you and your family with us on your recent vacation at Kenilworth Goa.

We truly appreciate your gesture in taking out time from your busy schedule and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our team is delighted to know that you and your family had an amazing time with us at the resort and that you found our services, facilities, food and accommodation to your liking.

We sincerely look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was recently at Kenilworth with my girl friends and I must say all of us unanimously agreed that the property is very well laid out and pretty and the entire staff was extremely courteous, accommodating and hospitable to us. I want to extend a special thanks to Pooja, Daisy and the rest of the staff we interacted with for taking such good care of us. Their service was prompt and they ensured personal attention in spite of the size of the property and the number of guests. The rooms were very comfortable, spacious and accommodating a third bed was no problem at all. All rooms had an attached balcony and sit out which was pleasant to enjoy in the rains. Their pools are some of the best that I've seen and service and amenities around the pool will spoil you to be lazy! They have a good gym and Sohum spa which, for lack of time I couldn't try but seemed quite good and a must try if you have the time. Do try their Aglio Olio pasta, one of the best I've had!
The resort opens onto the Uttorda beach, which is as tranquil as can be for a quiet walk during the monsoons or to just laze at the shacks during summers and peak season. All in all it was a very pleasant and a memorable experience and I would definitely want to revisit for a pampered, relaxed getaway!

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you at Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa.

We are happy to know that you and your friends enjoyed our hospitality and array of amenities. It is a pleasure to receive your appreciation and we are happy that you were impressed by the service of our associates.

Kenilworth Resort & Spa, Goa is a popular choice among leisure travellers and we are glad that you had a memorable experience. Thank you for your recommendation for the Aglio Olio Pasta, the team in the kitchen is excited to receive your praise.

We would love to welcome you back soon.

Vishal Khosla,
Agartala, India
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I say here on Nov-2003 -- with family very nice resort , staffs are very polite and helpful -- food are very tasty room are nit and clean--communication are some problem but you will get private cars from resort to Panjim--Beach are so nice and pool are very relaxing

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RajibBanik
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to serve you at our resort.

We are glad that you were impressed by upkeep and the service of our associates. The Chef is happy to have pleased your palate and looks forward to do the same on your future visits as well.

We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you soon.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utorda
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Taj Exotica Goa
Taj Exotica Goa
#1 of 14 in Benaulim

Been to Kenilworth Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!