“Perfectly fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Jolly Jolly Lester

Jolly Jolly Lester
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vagator
Jolly Jolly Lester
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Vagator
Asia
“Perfectly fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Paid Rs1500 for an A/C room with TV (a few English channels) and hot water. Quiet room away from the road, overlooking scrub land. Food was OK, and they offered to bring tea to our room rather than me wait gor it. It really bugs me that there is no "good" category on TA - "average" feels a bit mean, but "very good"would be over generous.

Room Tip: All the rooms are set back from the road. Non A/C rooms are very small.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Lester is very good place to check in, but u need to ensure whether tv, and hot water is proper available for 24hrs in non A/C rooms, food is good, but if u order from ur room it will bit late, night view is awesome, u have a gud sit out bar to chillout, NON A/C room 2500/- should be little more lesser, or else its gud place to check in....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is not a hotel but more like a hotel of horros ! Was recommended this place by an acquaintance & regret every minute that I even considered this place . For someone who has travelled alone even to countries like Russia & Turkey , I am just happy I left this place alive & unharmed

The rooms are terrible ! Doors do not lock properly ! There is constantly someone lurking outside !!

Had to stay back at the hotel on the second night due to a back injury while my husband had gone out with a few of our friends . Barely 30 minutes after that & I had some drunk guys banging on my door . To make things worse I could see the door shaking on impact. I was praying that the door would hold till someone came to my aid.

Tried to call the reception but no one answered . Finally despite my spine injury & barely being able to move I managed to push a chair against the door . Then I dragged myself down & hid under the bed

I could hear them laughing & hooting & passing derogatory remarks outside. Finally someone yelled at them for creating a racket & they left laughing . I continued to hide under my bed till my husband came home .

The staff was absolutely not helpful & we left as soon as possible .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank stormcometh

Travellers are raving about these Vagator hotels

Navi Mumbai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Well we (myself and my 4 friends) chose to stay at JJL for 3 days as most of the rooms were full. We checked in @ 16/02/2013. Room was more like a hostel and we can not call it a hotel or guest house at all.
I can understand the condition of the room as most of the good rooms were already taken. For that room we paid 2100 rs/night.
Our biggest mistake was to ignore the broken lock on the door. All of us were tired and we had a dinner at a nice restaurant and came back to JJL at 11.30pm. We were having a normal conversation amongst ourselves and one foreigner came and shouted on us and asked us to sleep. That is what we did and all of us slept. When we woke up in the morning cash of 1500rs from my friends wallet and my friends mobile phone(LG Optimus) was stolen from our room.
while we were discussing about this in the morning @ 9 another foreigner came and shouted on us. we couldn't reply as he was unable to understand English.
We informed about this to a guy who showed us a room (This guy is 50 years old. He is rude, aggressive and has no respect for Indians). He said it is our mistake that we did not lock a room from inside using a key.
We went to Anjuna Police station and Inspector also said that it is our mistake. So finally we accepted that it is our mistake and closed that matter.
In the night we had a great time in Cafe liliput and came back to JJL @ 2.30AM. As usual we were having a normal conversation. My friend heard somebody walking outside our room, so he followed a person thinking that he might be a thief who took away our belongings. But the person was a tourist who was complaining about us that we were making a noise.
The old guys shouted at my friend and told him that he will beat him and throw all of us out from JJL. We have been to Goa 8 times and this was the biggest shock we got till date.
All of us couldn't understand how can a 50 years old guy beat a 28 years old young man kick all of us out. We had a good laugh about it and slept well.
We decided that there is only one more day to go, so chill out and ignore what JJL have to offer.
We checked out on 19/02/2013 with a terrible and shocking experience.
Goan people are always been warm, helpful and welcoming but we got a chance to see the other side this time.
From our experience I can say that JJL is not bothered about Indians. The Old guy needs to behave. One advice to the owner, If you can not allow 5 young guys to have a normal conversation @ night then don't let them a room in your hotel.
We showed a loads of patience.
Hence, this is a good place to stay for the foreigners not indians.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank snar6846
DEHRADUN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

BREAKFAST was sad- I EAT LIKE A KING-BACON IS A MUST ,along with toast(CRISP),a tall glass of ORANGE JUICE-Couple of eggs(sunny side up)--AND A CUP OF THE BEST COFFEE-SERVICE needs to improve -I don't mind at the cost!!-AND MUSIC in a lounge.

I want to spend spend CHRISTMAS HERE!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2009

Hey every 1... Well i don't know about the earlier review but in December i payed only 600 for the non ac room, i had visited this hotel with my girl Fran.... this room is surrounding with nature, i had visited this hotel as it was recommended by the lonely plant. And this is a guest house. where Diana resort is rated as a 3 star resort.it makes a lot of difference. and there is a group made on face book to of this all three hotels...

Well i just loved the place... and its like peace in the night as it is strictly prohibited to make noise after 10.00 pm.

jolly jolly Lester is the old place from those of Jolly Jolly Roma And Jolly Jolly Lester. Well people visit this hotel for a relaxation of mind....

• Liked — Old style rooms and with the surounding nacture
  • Disliked — nothing...
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ahmedabad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

Vagator being one of the least crowded beaches in the North Goa, my husband and I decided to spend our honeymoon there. We searched on the internet and found this hotel called Jolly Jolly Lester, a seemingly quite and unassuming place that would offer a clean, ventilated and tasteful accommodation and not necessarily a luxurious one. The place is around 8 minutes walk from the beach. Full payment was required to be done to book a room that costed Rs.1100 per night. We booked a non-a/c room for three nights.

It was late afternoon when we reached Jolly Jolly Lester in a hopping travel from South Maharashtra; It was extremely exhausting to reach the hotel after waking for around 2 km from Chapora bus-stand with all the luggage. What was disheartening was that in spite of being in constant touch with the hotel management that day trying to figure out bus routes to Vagator and exact streets and lanes, the walking distance and means of transport was not communicated. When the exasperation was conveyed at the reception desk all they could say was, ' Oh! we thought you are coming by taxi'.

The place was a small house recessed in a huge plot of land with reception in an ordinary front porch and rooms on sloping wilderness at the back. A make-do arrangement with a few chairs and tables existed for the restaurant but we were told that it was not operational. So much so that at the reception one could see a list of rates for the locker, towel, soap etc. making us wonder if were these not the bare essentials required for a night-stay anywhere.

Entry to the room was lined with shrubs and flowers, probably the only positive aspect of the place. The room we were given was a small simple but a/c room with no TV, old faded bedsheets and curtains. It was poorly lit and ventilated. There were shelf space, wooden storage and a dressing table provided. The toilet was again a simple one with a very small wash-basin, no soaps, mercifully towels were provided and we were not asked to pay for them. An amusing list of 'do(s) and don't(s)' was lying on the table with things like not to make noise between 10.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m.

The place was depressing enough to make us venture out looking for better accommodations in the vicinity. The whole vicinity was full of a number of guest houses, resorts and hotels. Some better ones much cheaper than Jolly Jolly Lester at Rs.500 per night. In totality the place offered no more than a students' hostel environment at the expenses of a beach-side resort then. After exploring other accommodations that evening we conveyed to the management that the place was not what we had expected, and being on our honeymoon trip we would like to move to a better place. When asked if refund of at least two nights could be made to us, it was denied saying that as per their policy they could not do that.

Finally, we decided to check out next morning and not have a depressing experience to remember for a lifetime. We moved to Diana beach resort five minutes away where we had to pay a little more to get a beautiful room accessible directly from the beach. Also, mentionable is the great discovery of the Ujwal restaurant being run by Mahendra offering great innovative food preparations at reasonable prices.

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple