Popa Paradise Beach Resort
Hotel Caribbean View(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$60
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
US$116
US$107
US$63
US$103
US$100
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$55
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Corto Lodge(Isla Popa)
Agoda.com
All reviewsswim up barother gueststhe managerspanama citybocas del toroour honeymoonmade us feelboat ridefishprivate beachmain buildingpool tablechocolate farmget awayfour seasonsbug spraybeautiful pool
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This year we went to Popa in mid to late December for 6 days. It was as awesome as the year before, when I went for my birthday. Always greeted with friendly hellos and smiles, this resort feels like more of a second home.
Whether we wanted to walk up the white sand beach or sit at the pool, relaxing and having fun were most definately in the cards.
Going snorkeling, day trips on the Ingwe spirit, or kayaking at Popa is breathtakingly beautiful. My boyfriend had a great time wake boarding, and my mom did it for the first time. Everyone there made sure we were completely comfortable and any requests we had were met.
The food is always scrumptious and I left full from every meal. At one point of your stay you will get to see a phenomenal fire dance. This is my favorite vacation spot that I've been to. I can't wait to go back hoping it's sooner than December. You won't be disappointed!!! Check out Popas paradise island!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jaz4travel
Dyllan M, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Many thanks for your great review, its always a special pleasure to welcome back guests who have stayed with us before. We look forward to seeing you next December!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This Resort was nothing short of Heaven on Earth. The Staff were the most accommodating workers I have ever seen on any trip to the Caribbean before. They pampered you and made sure you were completely happy 100% of the time. They were friendly and eager to make your stay perfect. The food was equally astounding. The Chef created delicacies using all local fruits fish and meats. This food was so delicious and well presented that I felt like a Rock Star with my own private Iron Chef competition right in front of me. The rooms were clean, modern and very romantic. The grounds of the facility were meticulously maintained, very easy to maneuver and close proximity to the restaurant, pool and bar. I would recommend Popa Paradise Beach Resort to all my friends. We loved Popa Island so much we bought we bought a home right around the corner from their facility. A true vacation and dream come true!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get the casitas on the beach. You and your date will experience one of the most romantic nights ever in the four poster bed and the waves at you doors step.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your great review and your kind words. The staff here take great pride in taking good care of our guests and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Welcome to the neighborhood, I am sure we will see you around!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife Lucy and I spent 7 nights at Popa. Having travelled from Vancouver, BC it was along way from home. There are few places I rate as a 10 but this was it. The entire experience was very special and the staff were so good. The food was outstanding. Dyllan and the staff will look after you!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dyllan M, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Many thanks for your great review and your kind words. It was our pleasure meeting you and looking forward to seeing you back at Popa Paradise.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

After reading all excellent reviews we decided to go to Popa Paradise. We spent 4 nights in a casita. The casita was spacious, clean and comfortable. No beach view, however as we spent most of our time near the lovely pool it didn´t matter. Staff is great, especially the guy from Argentina (sorry I don't know your name). It is a wonderful place to spend a few lazy days, The food was fresh and tasty, although choice of ingredients (corvina, chicken and beef) was rather limited. Wraps and salads are nice and I don't expect Michelin star quality, however a rate of 400 Usd per night we expected a little more. The first day we inquired if it was possible to serve lobster, as we both are very fond of it. We were told that due to the rain at the second day this was not possible. How disappointing (and tactless) when we heard that the day of our departure there was a beach barbecue with lobster.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAB2405
Dyllan M, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us. In regards to you comments about our food - the wraps and salads you mention is off our lunch menu, because its normally hot during the day the lunch menu is designed to be light in in keeping with the weather. We do have many other options on the lunch menu also. Regarding the lobster - our Lobster is fished off our reefs by local fishermen. When we have high seas and bad weather this creates low visibility in the water and they can't fish on the reef. During your stay this was the case and I kept asking the fishermen to get some lobster for you as soon as possible. Unfortunately this was not possible during your stay, I look forward to presenting you with huge, fresh lobsters on your next sat with us.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Spent an idyllic 5 days here in early December when the hotel was nearly empty. Had exceptional service from the very friendly staff. Food was freshly prepared, tasty and plentiful. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Stayed on the beach in the mornings as it caught the morning sun and a pleasant breeze blew off the sea. The trees gave much needed shaded. The water was warm and access was a gentle slope. In the afternoons we lounged around the pool which we often had totally to ourselves. It is a lovely C-shaped pool with a swim-up bar. Meals were served on the terrace overlooking the pool. The place feels very remote as it takes at least 30 minutes by water taxi (an exciting ride through the islands) to get there but in fact it is very close to the mainland but the only access point is way to the north. Varied habitats in the grounds were great for birdwatching and there were many interesting, colourful birds to find and identify. We chose to be lazy as we had been exploring Panama but there are plenty of opportunities for activities on and off the island. We appreciated the quietness because of the low number of guests but this may not be normal. Our lodge was spacious and well fitted with a wonderful balcony. There was no view but we liked the tree tops for viewing birdlife. Disappointed in the poor shower which could not mix water so cold showers were safer than being scalded.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your great review. We are so pleased you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the resort. We have resolved the shower issue you had in your casita.