This review is long long overdue. It is also the one and only review I have ever done!
My husband and I spent the second week of our honeymoon at Popa, December 2013. It was wonderful! It was a perfect mix of the luxury of an all inclusive resort without the "luxury" of sterile cookie cutter all inclusive resort worlds. You are pampered while feeling like you have a tropical, pristine island all to yourself (and the other guests of course). We went during a slow time of year and almost had the place to ourselves which was perfect for us. I can imagine that it's a blast full as well, just a different experience. Even when full though, we are talking small on the scale of resorts. You will see/meet everyone.
We also celebrated my birthday when there and it was unbelievably special from sunup to sundown. We chartered the yacht for a private tour and it was beyond words. We returned at sunset to a beach feast with the other guests and partied down, complete with fireworks! My favorite :)
I could go on and on but really the bottom line is that this resort leaves you feeling relaxed and pampered with a personal homey touch that is never there in the bigger resort strips of Cancun and the such. The staff and managers are as much a part of your stay as you wish and that is great because they are stars in this shining gem.
We would be going back this year if it wasn't for baby on the way!! As soon as the kiddos are birthed and weaned, Popa will be our reward.
4 months later and I still dream about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popa Paradise is the only Adults Only (18+) All-Inclusive hotel in Panama. Popa Paradise Beach Resort is located on a stunning island called Isla Popa in the Bocas del Toro archipelago, off the Panamanian coast in the Caribbean Sea. We are located about 30 minutes away from Bocas del Toro by boat. Stay with us for an unforgettable vacation where you can relax, snorkel in beautiful clear water and visit the amazing outer islands. Our chef creates a spectacular, tasty, unique and healthy menu and can cater to vegetarians and vegans, which is all included in our all inclusive rate. We have a large range of activities and excursions from diving, fishing, zip lines to the spectacular Zapatilla islands marine park or simply relax by our swimming pool and enjoy a Popa Paradise cocktail at our swim up bar, enjoy a massage in the spa or take a walk on one of our stunning beaches. Our new beach bar and restaurant "Rosie's" is great for cool drinks on the beach all day and at night beach BBQs, bonfires, and occasionally live music under the stars. Our dedicated team of professionals will take care of your every need and ensure you have a memorable stay at our boutique resort. We look forward to meeting you at Popa Paradise - barefoot luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Popa Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Popa Paradise Beach Hotel Isla Popa
- Popa Paradise Beach Isla
- Popa Paradise Beach Resort Isla Popa, Panama - Bocas Del Toro