If you are looking to relax and get away to a tranquil place, Laguna Azul is for you! My husband and I were the only guests at this Eco Lodge, so we got excellent service from the moment Lauren met us at the airport!. Glorisol made sure we were perfectly comfortable and Chef Francisco cooked up 3 delicious meals a day! We especially loved all of the delicious seafood Francisco prepared. Unfortunately, it rained the entire time we were at Laguna Azul, so we cannot comment on the excursions that they offered. Luckily, we were there to relax, so we read on the porch, played games, and snorkelled off of their dock when the rains slowed. They have work out equipment and a pool table as well.
The lodge is on an island of mangroves, so there is no where to go unless you go by boat, so if there are heavy rains, you must be prepared for serious chilling out. You are half an hour boat ride away from Isla Colon and the airport, so once you are there, besides day excursions, you stay on Popa and are at the mercy of the weather. For us, this was exactly what we were looking for! One afternoon, the rains slowed and we were able to go with the boat captain to take some of the staff to their homes on the other side of Isla Popa. They are part of the Ngobe-Bugle indians of the area, was so cool to get to see their community!
The only reason I would consider not giving 5 stars, is the fact that we were very hot at night trying to sleep. There is no airconditioning and even with the fans and sliding door open to the ocean breeze, it is hot! However, I do respect the fact that it is an eco-lodge and they are trying to be environmentally friendly. The only other slight negative was that although there is internet, it is not in the rooms, and there is only one spot a little table outside the office that you can use it. However, again, we were not there to be connected to the internet, so was ok for us!
The service was 5 star, as was the cleanliness and decor of the room and bathroom, and the meals as well. We loved the huge porch on the water for reading, dining and snorkeling. We hope to go back some day!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Azul Eco Boutique Hotel is built right on the sea, surrounded by untouched mangrove. It has different spacious ambiances: living room, dining room, and a beautiful terrace facing the open sea. The Hotel has direct access to the beaches and protected waters of Bocas del Toro. The nearest beach is only a 15-minute boat ride. The area is ideal for snorkeling or canoeing, and is home to turtles and dolphins. Our ZEN decoration will invite you to relax and enjoy the Caribbean soothing and calmness breeze while watching the sea and the dolphins from our terrace and/or our open living room area In our floating deck/solarium you can enjoy sun bathing, reading or simply spend your time sipping delicious cocktails and drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Laguna Azul Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Azul Eco Hotel Isla Popa
- Laguna Azul Eco Lodge Isla Popa, Panama - Bocas Del Toro