Positives and Negatives:
+ Some friendly staff.
+ Easy check in.
+ Well located for what we required.
+ Nice Breakfast
- The listed room price at £95.00 per night is overpriced, we paid £79.00, (£20.00 too much in my view).
- Room has peeling wall paper.
- We shared the night with a good number of spiders and their webs.
- External light on ALL night outside out room window, it was like sleeping through the day.
- There was a constant creaking of the floor boards in the room above us, also every time someone walked across the floor you could hear every step.....aaggghhh!
- There was a wedding on at the same time as we were there, we were encouraged to stay in the lounge area, which made us feel we had been put in the naughty room, my wife retired early as she felt uncomfortable.
- We asked for a table at around 20:00 at 19:45 one of the staff came to our room and said if we wanted to eat we needed to go over to the restaurant NOW as the chef was also doing a wedding buffet and if we didn't order in the next 15 mins we may not be able to have a meal.
- Breakfast staff seemed to be rushed off their feet as they were also covering reception.
- Had to wait a while for someone to leave the breakfast area to assist us with the check out.
- Staff generally seemed a little stressed and it showed in their customer service.
This place has the potential to be great, I wish somebody would sort out the decor and the cleaning routine.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your East Ayton Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Ayton Hotel East Ayton