“lunch stop on the way to healsville”
Review of Coldstream Brewery

Coldstream Brewery
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Coldstream
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bogota, Colombia
“lunch stop on the way to healsville”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

looking for a quick nice bite a cold drink
after a long wait we were served average food
in a restaurant that wasnt very busy

• Visited December 2011

Melbourne, Australia
“Nice for a meal”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My fiance and I went to Coldstream Brewery for dinner last night for his birthday. We were about half an hour early for our booking and they were able to seat us straight away. The restaurant is located away from the main bar area and we only heard loud drunk behaviour once during the evening.

Their drinks menu is very comprehensive, with beers and ciders of course, but also a good range of wines from local wineries. My fiance enjoyed a couple of the beers, and I had a cider.

The food menu was pretty average. Apparently on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights they have a limited menu, and there really wasn't much on there that sounded appealing. My fiance decided on the porterhouse steak and I ended up with the chicken parma. The parma was quite nicely cooked, but came with far too much ham, and the chips that came with it were quite oily. Fiance's steak was nice and his chips looked much better than mine!

The desserts were the highlight of the evening for me! They had some quite unique desserts which still sounded appetising. I chose the chocolate, malibu and triple sec mousse, and it was absolutely divine! Smooth and creamy, and nice and light too. I had no trouble eating the whole serving. Fiance chose the raspberry and custard spring rolls, which came with a side of vanilla ice cream. They were very nice too.

The service throughout the night was quite good, and the meal sizes were about right for me (not massive, but enough that you feel like you've eaten dinner). Overall it was a pleasant experience, but not outstanding.

• Visited January 2012
Perth, Australia
“Coldstream”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

nice food, easy to get to on the main road, staff were very friendly too.

Visited January 2012
“An evening in hell”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We went to Coldstream Brewery recently and a legless drunk fell through the table next to us on his way back from the bar with an armload of drinks.Yep,like he needed them. There was a fist fight out the front and all around us was language that would make a wharfie blush.This used to be a nice place, I wouldn't take my dog there now.What a shame the owners would choose to go down this road.

1 Thank Mattyboy05
Seville, Victoria, Australia
“I love this place”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Despite living so close to Coldstream Brewery, my first visit was just a few weeks ago. We went there for a birthday dinner. The place was packed! But that did not stop the wonderful and fast service we received. Our little girl made an absolute mess (sorry about that) and they were still so kind. I would Highly recommend it to anybody in the area.

• Visited November 2011