“Beer tasting plate novel”
Review of Coldstream Brewery

Coldstream Brewery
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Coldstream
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“Beer tasting plate novel”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stopped in for lunch after a Sunday drive on a cold day. Inside not much warmer. Staff quite rude and indifferent and know nothing about ciders, though knowledgeable about the beers they brew. Service left much to be desired, took one drink order ignored the other person. Roast pork excellent, great jus and amazing crackling. Wouldn't return.

Visited April 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Aplasant lunch”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I went to the brewery for a nice Sunday lunch (I would recermend booking on weekends) sat down and was pleased with the friendly staff, within two minutes I had a nice cold cider in my paw. Roast of the day was on the specials board and couldn't be passed up.
Delious what can I say. Good food, great cider and some good company on a lazy Sunday afternoon doesn't get any better.

• Visited February 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Good Beer - Good food - Good Attitude.”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Arriving at the Coldstream Brewery at about 6 PM, we were unsure whether it was open.
Fortunately it was and we were made to feel most welcome.
We tried a few of the beers - all good, and their Summer Cider was equally so.
For our light meal we shared Seared Scallops - brilliant - and a Pizza that was just the job for us.
All in all a pleasant stop and what we were looking for.
We were invited to return for a brewery tour by the enthusiastic staff member serving us, an offer we will try to accept.
Good Beer, Good Food and Friendly Enthusiastic Service - A Great recipe.
Recommended

• Visited February 2012
Bogota, Colombia
“lunch stop on the way to healsville”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

looking for a quick nice bite a cold drink
after a long wait we were served average food
in a restaurant that wasnt very busy

• Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice for a meal”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My fiance and I went to Coldstream Brewery for dinner last night for his birthday. We were about half an hour early for our booking and they were able to seat us straight away. The restaurant is located away from the main bar area and we only heard loud drunk behaviour once during the evening.

Their drinks menu is very comprehensive, with beers and ciders of course, but also a good range of wines from local wineries. My fiance enjoyed a couple of the beers, and I had a cider.

The food menu was pretty average. Apparently on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights they have a limited menu, and there really wasn't much on there that sounded appealing. My fiance decided on the porterhouse steak and I ended up with the chicken parma. The parma was quite nicely cooked, but came with far too much ham, and the chips that came with it were quite oily. Fiance's steak was nice and his chips looked much better than mine!

The desserts were the highlight of the evening for me! They had some quite unique desserts which still sounded appetising. I chose the chocolate, malibu and triple sec mousse, and it was absolutely divine! Smooth and creamy, and nice and light too. I had no trouble eating the whole serving. Fiance chose the raspberry and custard spring rolls, which came with a side of vanilla ice cream. They were very nice too.

The service throughout the night was quite good, and the meal sizes were about right for me (not massive, but enough that you feel like you've eaten dinner). Overall it was a pleasant experience, but not outstanding.

• Visited January 2012