“Blown Away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tokar Estate Yarra Valley Winery Restaurant

Tokar Estate Yarra Valley Winery Restaurant
Reserve with
Tokar Estate Yarra Valley Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Coldstream
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“Blown Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We couldn't get a table at oakridge winery next door for lunch so came here; so happy we did. Everything was amazing. Super- friendly and polite staff plus amazing food

“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I'll pretense this by pointing out me and my girlfriend actually had our first date here and had very fond memories of the venue.

We went in for lunch and were greeted by a very abrasive older woman behind the bar in the wine tasting section. We were then seated by our waiter who was a bit over eager but pleasant. Looking around the room the decor seems to have been forgotten about and the walls next to our chipboard table were filthy. I ordered soup of the day and it was completely vile and literally inedible. My girlfriend got an arancini ball which was bland but edible at least. Mains were underwhelming. My chicken dish was well below par but my girlfriends salmon dish was the Diamond in the rough and was really quite good.

We have eaten all over the valley and this was by far our most disappointing experience. Considering the competition from places like Rae's restaurant, giant steps, oak ridge etc tokar really has to lift their game.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Blazer D
Victoria, Australia
“Great service, wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My bf and I ate here as part of a package with our accommodation at Sanctuary Park Cottages. The service was fantastic, we had two waiters serve us throughout the night and both were lovely. The layout and decor of the restaurant was really beautiful. We enjoyed a three course meal and every course was delicious. Will be back!

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Another option for a lovely lunch in the Yarra Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had not been to Tokar before, and our first experience was certainly favourable. I'm not a fan of the rather grand style of the buildings, but the atmosphere inside was pleasant. The views are lovely - though the room's configuration tends to disadvantage some seats with their backs to the windows, which is a pity.

We began with a comprehensive tasting of Tokar wines, led by an enthusiastic young man. We shared some wine-related travel tales, and enjoyed hearing about the origins of Tokar Estate and its current wines. We were among the first to taste the newly bottled rose, and compliment the winemaker on a fruity, dry, well-balanced wine.

At this point we became aware of the special lunch menu available on weekdays: $39 for two courses with a glass of wine. How could we resist such great value?

The two of us shared the charcuterie for entree. A selection of cured meats was accompanied by cornichons and pickled onions, with warm toasted bead. Yummy.

My main was fragrant chicken cooked on rice in a small clay pot, with zucchini and capsicum. My partner chose the steak, which came with brussel sprouts and other vegetables. Both mains were tasty and tender.

Several wines were available with the meal. We both drank the wonderful temperanillo.

Now we have another excellent destination for an affordable lunch in the Yarra Valley to add to the list. We are sure to return to Tokar.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good solid lunch. Fantastic views of the Yarra Valley ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We had heard a lot about this place and on our last trip we decided to give it a go.

The setting is really quite good. The scenic views from this vill style restaurant is very relaxing and worth the trip just for a coffee on the deck in the sun..

The restaurant itself was ok. Our summary was solid but not fantastic. We had Salomon and it was cooked perfectly so can't complain there at all. Surprisingly my only complaint is the portion size.. It was too big for me which may not be an issue for anyone else. I say this as i like to sample the 3 courses but which such large serving it was hard to taste desert.

I give it a 4 out of 5 and the food about 3.5 out if 5 noting that to be much over 4 you need to be pretty special. So this is not too bad.

I would come back.