“Fantastic Family Holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

brendanma...
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Family Holiday”
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed in Gite 2 from the 19th to the 29th of June and had a marvellous holiday thanks in part to Jenny and Daniel the owners who were extremely helpful, friendly and approachable throughout our time there. They collected my wife and I and our 4 kids (12,9,7,&4) from the train station and took my wife to the supermarche twice as we had planned a car free holiday by a pool in the beautiful south of France. We found the location perfect as its proximity was close to Carcassonne and so much more if you chose to cycle the canal, walk in the lovely evenings or to use a car. For us it was to spend time with the kids and it was perfect. The Gite was well equipped for 6 (dishwasher, oven, bbq) and was spotless with three single beds, a double bed and a pull out sofa bed. It is excellent value for money.

P.S When I was booking the Gite and told Jenny I was planning to get a taxi from the station she offered to pick us up and do a trip top the supermarket twice at no extra charge.

Again thank you to Jenny, Daniel and sheepee the cat

Kind Regards,

Brendan, Aurellia, Ella, Louis, Sophia and Cole Mackin

Date of stay: June 2016
How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Pool, Location
Liked least: Having to leave to come back to rain
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
6 Jul 2016
Thank you .... I'm so glad you all enjoyed your holidays here
Lynda R
Skelmorlie, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday for the whole family”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We had a wonderful stay at this gite in early April 2016. The Gite was spacious for 5 people, well equipped with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. I was very impressed with all the little added extras and little personal touches that made our stay more enjoyable. There are loads of lovely walks nearby and Jenny is a wonderful, helpful, friendly and unobtrusive host who is always on hand to give very knowledgeable advice on where to go and visit. The Gite is situated in an historic village steeped in tradition, it is very well placed for getting onto the main roads to various towns and cities. We visited La Citie, had picnics by The Canal du Midi, visited Toulouse, Montpellier along with trips to the wonderful unspoilt non commercialised beaches on the Mediterranean. We visited Palavas les Flots and Canet en Roussillon beaches and not forgetting a dramatic breathtaking drive through the Pyrenees. We loved our visit so much, that we've booked again, oh and the kids loved the pool too. A good tip for future visitors, a car is a must to see this wonderful part of France.

Date of stay: April 2016
Sitges, Spain
“Glorious, glorious, glorious”
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time in this gite. The weather was sunny and we spent a week here, visiting places as well as relaxing around the pool.

the gite is well equipped, kitchen has everything you could want although we didnt do much cooking. Everything is very clean and tidy. Jenny is on hand for any info and was helpful when needed without being full on.

We quite a few meals out in the surrounding villages.

If you are looking for a quiet place in easy distance of Carcassonne, I would recommend this place.

Date of stay: September 2015
How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
SimonW49
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect base to explore area or simply relax”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

A warm welcome awaits and the gites are clean and spacious, idea for a family. The pool is large, clean and warm! Plenty of sun loungers and a fig tree for a snack. Friendly village shop a couple of minutes away and large supermarket only 10 minutes down the road. The village has a fantastic vineyard on its door step, check it out - Maison Ventenac (you heard it here first)
Will certainly be staying again!

Date of stay: August 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, pool and lovely owners
Liked least: Went too quickly
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Eileen T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pluses and some minuses”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My husband and I and three friends stayed here. The owner was very helpful in booking and confirming restaurant reservations, and the site was as described with comfortable beds. In spite of directions the owner sent, the place was very difficult to find and has no sign. The owner was out of the country when we arrived, the house number where she said to ring didn't have a bell, and, after very loud knocking, an extremely old neighbor eventually opened the door and initially seemed confused about who we were. If I didn't speak very good French, it would have been very difficult. Compared with other places we've stayed, the site was poorly supplied (no soap, for example), and the instruction binder was mostly does and don'ts with no information on, for example, wifi or the swimming pool cover. Most aggravating was that wifi didn't work at all, and the owner's attitude after she finally responded to several texts was that it wasn't her problem; it was an act of God. The apartment next to us was rented to a group of 10+ young adults with 3 or 4 barking dogs. As we were gone most of the time, it wasn't a problem for us, but would have been for some people. All hosts, on other sites as well as yours, should be required to state how many flights of stairs are involved. No one handicapped could have stayed here. They should also be required to provide maps to their location with an indication of where groceries can be purchased, closest cafe and restaurant and, if there is public transportation which this site did not have, where the nearest stop(s) is and how to use it.

Date of stay: May 2015
Liked best: Comfortable beds for 5
Liked least: No wifi
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups People with pets
11 Jun 2015
We thank all travellers who take time to place a review with valid and honest criticism and like to respond honestly and directly to any review with issues so all of our readers can know how conscientious we are :-)

We're sorry this guest didn't like some aspects of our rental especially when they sent me an email after they left, saying how much they’d enjoyed their stay.

This is going to appear petty (not my style at all), but in view of this guests comments, I will answer one by one.

I think most people use the GPS / Maps in their smartphone to find us. The directions I systematically send out are very precise and people who use them mostly congratulate me on their precision. I'm against the proliferation of signs on the roads in the country. We have a sign with our name on it on the wall as you arrive… I don’t know why this guest didn’t see it... perhaps it’s too small.

There is a doorbell just under the house number next to the gate… again this is the first time a guest has not seen either the sign or the doorbell

My French husband (who speaks good English but with a strong accent!) gave this guest their “welcome tour” - this is not an unusual event. He offered to speak in English, but the guest said they were more than happy with French, but I realise that they must have missed much of what he said, otherwise they would have understood his profuse apologies for lack of wifi as well as info about the pool cover.

This guest sent me ONE email asking for the wifi code which I replied to, again apologising profusely….I am fully aware of how annoying it can be not to have an internet connexion and again it’s certainly not my style to make the kind of comments they said I made this is their interpretation only.

I’m not sure what this guest means about “poorly supplied… soap et etc”, compared to most places, we offer a unique balance of location, amenities, etc. Everybody loves a 5 star resort more than a 3 star, but that doesn't make us over rated in our category, location and price range. so we stand by happy to serve the guests who do the homework and decide we will be the right choice for them (this guest paid 210 euros for 5 people for 3 nights - that makes just 15 euros/pers/night :-)

The next door apartments were rented to a group of 6 people with 2 dogs. Again in the email the guest sent me after their stay, they said how delightful this group of people were and that they’d been invited to a barbecue in the garden by them. Yes, I’m afraid the dogs did bark as they were left in the apartment on their own on one occasion. We asked the owners not to leave the dogs on their own again which they complied to straight away.

If you llok at our ads, you’ll see we do not advertise ourselves as handicap/elderly friendly, For our readers, there are 8 steps leading up to the gites which are on the first floor as the building is built on a slope (no steps once inside). As a previous guest once mentioned «I'm 70 years old and anyone who finds the steps too much for them should be checking into a hospital”…

The “instruction binder” contains not only “advice” about the best way to make the most of your stay, but also the opening times of the local shop, the nearest supermarket and a list of the nearby restaurants with phone numbers (and a note at the end saying we’ll book restaurant tables for you if required) although this guest had already sent me an email the week before arrival, asking me to phone 4 restaurants to confirm bookings and recommend another…. which I did and which the guest thanked me for!

We only give details of public transport to guests who don’t come by car (about 1%) There is no point in putting this information in the “instruction binder” as it has to be updated regularly and very few people actually need it.

Again, my very humble apologies for any misunderstandings which I think were due to a lack of communication. We DO listen to any of our guests’ issues and try to act accordingly.

During welcome tours we ALWAYS say that if guests have an issue during their stay, we’ll do our best to resolve it there and then, ‘just ask for Jenny or Daniel’.

Happy travelling.
CarolineC...
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 6 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely time here in March, the apartment was everything we hoped for and more. Well located for visiting Carcassone and the castles, Canal du Midi, we did a lot of cycling, walking. The Gite was lovely, sunny and warm and had everything we needed. 100% recommend!

Date of stay: March 2015
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children People with pets
7 May 2015
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 30 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Date of stay: September 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hosts hospitality, all kind of facilities (washing machine, ironing, barbecue possibility...), garden, pool.
Travelling group: Con mi pareja
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing