“Fabulous food, fabulous staff”

The Garden @ Wensleydale Heifer
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great character-ful country pub serving excellent food, stunningly quirky boutique rooms and a very warm Yorkshire welcome. Cannot praise this hotel/pub highly enough.

2  Thank TheDuchessManchester

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant a few years ago and ate meat despite the fact that it is a seafood restaurant. It was very good and I promised myself that I would return and try the fish for which it had made its name.
I took my mother for an evening meal recently and was very pleased with our experience. The reception was very good - knowledgable staff. The seating a tables were comfortable although a too little close to each for my liking.
We both opted for starters followed by fish dishes (their famous fish and chips and lobster three ways). Very happy with our choices.
Couldn't find any room for dessert but looking at and listening to people sat around us I would suggest that they are as good as the rest of the menu.
I will be back.

3  Thank Ray C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We ate in the restaurant and actually stayed on the premises. It is beautiflly kept and furnished the staff were excellant and the meals throughout mouthwartering and the atmosphere so welcoming with anything taken into consideration

2  Thank arthur r
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We booked a table with our son to celebrate him going off to university and to round off the end of a very pleasant holiday.
We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to our table after perusing the menu. The first course arrived quickly and was delicious, the main course quickly followed and again all meals were very nice. My son had the controversial lobster salad and pronounced it delicious. The restaurant was beginning to now get quite busy but the staff serving were efficient in bringing the dessert menu unfortunately that's were the service went down hill. Though the staff were very busy I eventually had to ask the waitress to take our desert order after 20mins. She was very apologetic a quickly took our orders. My son had fancied to chocolate fondant but as it was a 20min wait for it, decided against it having already had timely wait for our order to be taken, The desserts arrived after nearly 25mins (he might as well have gone for it after that wait and was disappointed in his chocolate brownie sundae and described it as distinctly average).
After having dined in this restaurant before, I was very disappointed in the service we received this time around/
The food its self was lovely but pricey and I
I'm sorry but if I'm paying good money I want good service as well as good food!

1  Thank Sue C
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Had lunch consisting if a lobster baguette and a turf and surf baguette , with fries . Both fantastic , albeit about £15 each !!
Service was good , as we're surroundings and ambience !!
No problems with vinegar spillage for us !!!

Try it .. But take your big wallet !!!

1  Thank Alan P