“Gold standard”

Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, UK
“Gold standard”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on the way home from the dales to Sheffield. Hadn't booked but not a problem. Both had sandwich and chips with the intention of having a pud but, due to the deliciousness of the main course we were too full! Lovely friendly staff, brilliant food and basked in the march sunshine. This is what a breaks about.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ClareBSheffield_UK

Washington, United Kingdom
“Super seafood”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had a tremendous evening meal, our starters of posh prawn cocktail, followed by Irish oysters, then whole Dover sole and a trio of lobster were excellent. Not cheap, about £110 incl tips and a bottle of wine, but well worth it for that special occasion.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kevin A
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Bit bizarre but don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our second visit to the Heifer and we weren't disappointed. The name and decor are something which could easily put you off but looks can be deceiving- the food is great! Good quality home cooked food with great service. The bonus being dogs are permitted- hoorah! The fish and chips are amazing- the pile of 5 chips don't look like much but some of the best, most flavoursome and filling chips I've ever eaten-OMG! There aren't many other places in the area as lovely as this. If you like good food and friendly service go here!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank F00dieJC
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, fabulous staff”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great character-ful country pub serving excellent food, stunningly quirky boutique rooms and a very warm Yorkshire welcome. Cannot praise this hotel/pub highly enough.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank TheDuchessManchester
“I had to return”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant a few years ago and ate meat despite the fact that it is a seafood restaurant. It was very good and I promised myself that I would return and try the fish for which it had made its name.
I took my mother for an evening meal recently and was very pleased with our experience. The reception was very good - knowledgable staff. The seating a tables were comfortable although a too little close to each for my liking.
We both opted for starters followed by fish dishes (their famous fish and chips and lobster three ways). Very happy with our choices.
Couldn't find any room for dessert but looking at and listening to people sat around us I would suggest that they are as good as the rest of the menu.
I will be back.