“Great location”

Dining options: Reservations
Brest, France
“Great location”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stumbled upon this lovely Inn by chance. Great and warm atmosphere and tasty food. The only thing we didn't like was the sticky toffee pudding... tasty but way to sweet...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank miniy0d4

Hexham, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Popped into this pub for a quick lunch and was really impressed. Lovely friendly atmosphere and the food was excellent. The menu included all the stuff we really like -no fancy names and dishes. My fish finger baguette was home made fish fingers in a crispy batter and home made tartar sauce ...yummm! Too much to finish - next time we go, we will miss breakfast to make more room. We loved this place and will be back. Dog friendly as well !

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good pub, excellent food”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stopped at this pub by chance, whilst trying to find some overnight accommodation. The locals and the staff were very welcoming, and the staff put us in touch with an excellent local B & B. We returned in the eveningfor a meal which was lamb shank pie, which was excellent. The pub had a beer festival on, and the range of beers was impressive. Regrettably, I was driving and could not sample any.
In the evening, there was a live band on, which were pretty good, and certainly enhanced the evening.
Based on this experience, I would highly recommend this pub.

Choppington, United Kingdom
“I wish this was closer to home”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stumbled upon this pub on our way to the lakes, we were looking for somewhere to have lunch and it looked ok. We were given a nice welcome on arrival and were shown to a table. I was immediately impressed when I saw the waitress spraying any vacated tables with disinfectant spray and giving them a good clean. I had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with veg, the Yorkshire pudding was nice and crispy and there was a generous portion of beef. Veg was cooked to perfection and everything was piping hot, my husband had a baguette which came with chips and the plate was overflowing. I must say that if this pub was closer to where I live, I would make it my local. I will definitely visit again if I am passing that way. In fact, it turned out to be the best meal of our entire holiday.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good supper”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice original and varied menu with generous portions and very cheerful and welcoming hostess. A pleasant evening with friends who enjoy good food and a friendly atmosphere.