“A SPA OF YOUR OWN”
Review of Casa Rosa

Casa Rosa
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the privilege of finding this little gem of a property nestled right on a beach in Chelem, the owners Karen and Tony take great pride in making you feel like one of the family...a relaxed atmosphere with like minded people ...a beautiful beach, pretty well all to yourself especially in the mornings...I was the only one swimming , just me and these darling little silver fish that swam around and gave me a kiss every once in awhile ! These is nothing as magical as swimming with the sun just peeking over the horizon. And there is nothing as great as finding your way into the local market of Chelem to forage for fresh meat, fish, veggies, fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice...all organic and grown by the locals and very reasonably priced.
I didn't need my computer as there was an internet cafe right at the square, two actually. And a beer store is just a hop,skip and jump from the apartment !!
I also was very impressed to see how the locals and the Casa Rosa owners cared for the neighborhood dogs, having a neuter and spay program in place in the area to keep the population in check and healthy. Having fund raisers for the pups and toy drives for the kids at Christmas are just some of the amazing things that the owners are involved with. And some great parties !! And just 30 or so minutes away by bus is the beautiful city of Merida...I thoroughly enjoyed a buggy ride around the historic squares , so much beauty.For me this was a wonderful place to spend time on a vacation , instead of the hustle and bustle of resorts. I highly recommend it !!

Room Tip: 3rd floor apartment has amazing views and breeze !
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Chewy10

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our first visit to this part of Mexico...and I can't imagine a better introduction. The place is very comfortable, secure without being a fortress, colourful and well-equipped. We had the 'penthouse'...great view, breezy and the stairs were a good work out:)). Like everyone says - the stars of Casa Rosa are Tony and Karen. Lovely people...great hosts and good citizens of the local community. Thank you for a wonderful time!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A beautiful place on the beach . The owners Karen and Tony are wonderful people , and do everything they can to make your vacation one you will remember . If you like to go sightseeing , they will arrange trips to cenotes , and ruins . The rooms are clean and modern . The sunsets are amazing !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank montejosmama
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The owners Karen and Tony...well I just can't say enough they are wonderful and make you feel welcome. My Apartment the middle one had a great view off the terrace, the place was very well kept and everything you needed to feel at home. I loved my stay here, I have been to Mexico over 20 times and feel that I had the best experience here. It was very safe and lots of friendly people. Traveling alone was not a problem Karen and Tony made sure that I understood how the buses ran drew maps of the the surrounding towns so that I could get around. Anytime they were headed out either with residents or themselves they would always include me. I look forward to going back in February for another stay.

Room Tip: I loved the middle apartment I had the rooftop terrace right outside my door, great place to watch t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Staying with Karen and Tony felt like visiting dear friends. Hopefully I will make it back some time soon. The place is lovely and well kept, beach just a few steps away, but what makes this little resort really special are its two wonderful owners who I think were born to be hosts. I also took two day tours with Karen and enjoyed every second of it. Miss you guys!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank heike_weltweit
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Casa Rosa is the best. Karen and Tony wonderful hosts; always on site to look after guests' needs at any time. Amazing rooftop patio overlooking the ocean, spectacular sunrises and sunsets, white sandy beach. Made friends with Iggy the iguana! Rooftop apartment so comfy, everything provided to make your stay the best. My favourite on the main terrace was the swinging chair and ground floor was great for meeting the other guests and the Casa Rosa pets [Dill, Ojitos, Pancho, and Lula]. Welcome flowers/card in each guest room. Local information +++, restaurants, festivities, trips. Everything you could need in a home away from home. Looking forward to my next visit. Hugs Karen and Tony

Room Tip: Top floor flat - awesome views, privacy. Steps up to apartment may be challenging. All flats self c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights in low season and chosed the upstairs apartment.

We thought the price was great for being a beachfront hotel and having all those amenities.

Our room had all the appliances you need. Even a stove and oven.

The terrace is very beautiful and big, and the beach is the cleanest and biggest beach I have ever seen in Yucatan after living 5 months in the area.

The ocean cannot be compared with the Caribbean, always remember that, so you don't get disapointed when you get here.

The beach at Casa Rosa is very calm, no vendors, no street dogs barking at 4 A.M., no drunk people on the street, no trash.

Tony and Karen where very cool people and will always assist you in everything you need.

I always go back to go fishing.

You won't regret it, visit Casa Rosa!

Room Tip: Chelem is a tiny town at 40 something KM from Merida, this is a place to relax, there are restaurant...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Casa Rosa? Share your experiences!