Haven’t been to the Fountain for a couple of years but visited last night with family and really enjoyed ourselves. The wait for food was quite lengthy (over an hour) but worth it and extremely good value when it arrived (Tuesday early bird menu) and to be fair the place was packed to the rafters. Very challenging to cope with as the same day in the previous week only 3 tables turned up. I found it very impressive that they fed everyone without running out of food! The hosts were very welcoming and charming to customers, I was surprised to read some not very good comments, we found them full of character and a refreshing change to some ‘bland’ operations. Thanks for a lovely evening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly traditional country inn set in beautiful countryside. All returning & new guests will be greeted with a warm welcome and assured of a luxurious break away from home. Close to the Peak District National Park and well renowned for being located within "last of the summer wine" country . Within 20 minutes guests can easily reach Wakefield, Barnsley and Sheffield. Whatever your occasion, you are sure to find a 'warm welcome' from us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Fountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fountain Hotel Ingbirchworth
- The Fountain Inn Ingbirchworth, Yorkshire