Days Inn Chester East
  • Restaurant
US$57
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmotorway servicesservice stationcosta coffeeroom was cleanmotorway hotelrest your headcheap hoteldidn't hear a thingtwo double bedstea and coffee making facilitiescheck in was easyeasy accessshower headstayed for nightswould stay againfirst floorwh smith
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

We also received a lovely surprise after returning from holidays to find that we've been charged for parking in the car park. Vehicle was registered on check in but this seems to have made no difference. I immediately contacted the hotel but have yet to receive a response.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank SR72012
DanielleMort, General Manager at Days Inn Chester East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Hello.

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

I do apologise that you have received a parking ticket in the post. The majority of our guests do not have a problem with the parking system, but because we offer free parking for hotel guests only, we have to ensure every guests registration is inputted into our systems correctly, though our system does seem to have failed on this occasion.

I do hope this issue has now been resolved, however if not I can resolve this issue immediately and cancel the parking charge straight away, if you could contact myself personally at the hotel I will ensure this is a priority.

We are constantly improving guest services at the hotel through training and other methods and this is one of the areas we have looked at and reviews such as yours help us to do this, so once again thank you for your review.

I do hope this did not impact on your visit to Days Inn Chester East and we do hope to see you again.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed early October for 1 night on a weekend break in Chester. The hotel is within easy reach of Chester city, the aprk and ride and also the zoo. We checked in quite late but the receptionist was still extremely friendly and checked us in quickly. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the showers were hot - a very happy guest!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review of Days Inn Chester East.

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful city of Chester and Chester Zoo. We are conveniently located for these delights, being just a 10 minute drive away from both, and Chester City being easily accessible by using one of the local park and ride buses that take you directly into the City Centre and also provide a easy and cost effective way of getting into the City itself.

I am also very happy to hear you found our receptionist very friendly and the hotel rooms comfortable and clean.

We do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Chester East very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

By far the worst hotel I have stayed in (for money!). Got in late; the light bulb by the bed would not fully work(flash flash flash), it was freezing cold (heating not on) the TV had no signal (no aerial wire) and when I took a shower, it was scalding hot and the mixer did not work. Went out to leave, and complain only to find that there was no reception staff at all. Dear dear.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Firstly I am saddened to hear your stay with us was less than satisfactory, this is not our usual standards, and would appreciate if you could contact me personally at the hotel to discuss this matter so I can investigate what it was that happened.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again so we can show you that this is not our standards and this was a one off occasion.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I've stayed at this Days Inn probably about 20 times because it's convenient for my work, but the sevcie here is going down hill I'm afraid. The rooms are what you would expect from the days inn chain, adequate and clean. The welcome is pretty good, usually friendly and usually quite quick, so no complaints there. The only real gripe I have is the free wifi is very often playing up (has done on the last 5 visits there), and the reception just keep telling you that they have reported it, which is no help went you want to upload your days work.
I would probably use again but if they can't sort the internet out I will be booking elsewhere, it's getting boring to keep being told its being sorted!

Room Tip: Wifi generally only works downstairs close to the reception!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Days Inn Chester East.

I would like to thank you for you kind words regarding the hotel, adequate and clean. Also mentioning the quick and friendly check-in you receive when you visit the hotel, all these comments will be passed on to the relevant departments.

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems using our Free Wi-Fi. Last year we did have it replaced and new antennas installed and moved to ensure every single guest room receives the Wi-Fi signal and this is tested. On your next visit if you do have a problem, please do come and see me directly or if I am not in the hotel, ask the receptionist for my contact details and I will do my upmost to ensure this is resolved on the spot for you.

Once again I do thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Days Inn Chester East.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Watch out for parking charges - even though we registered both our cars at check in (and we specifically asked about parking and were told that it was OK) we received a parking notice that took me several hours on the phone and sending emails to sort out. Was a shame as the hotel was decent. The parking charge company said it was the hotel's fault, the hotel have said nothing yet (the Wyndham Hotels website asks for comments but if you click there it takes you to reservations - bit cheeky!, the Days Inn website has a phone number but that is not recognised if you call it). All told, not impressed as I don't have time to mess around chasing other peoples jobs up. Would not choose to use, or recommend, this hotel (or other Days Inn) again purely on that basis.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
DanielleMort, General Manager at Days Inn Chester East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you found the hotel itself 'decent' and marked us highly for the hotel. I do however apologise that you had received a parking charge whilst you were parked on site during your stay, this is very unfortunate and once again I apologise that the hotel has not lived up to its high standard to ensure this was not issued to you.
I will also ensure that the issues with the website are looked into, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The hotel does have free parking, and shares the car park with the service area next door which does have a parking time limit in place, the hotel ensures all our guests receive the free parking, and I am sorry on this occasion that this has not happened. I hope this issue is now resolved, however if you are still having difficulty then please contact me directly and I will deal will this matter for you. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Chester.

Many Thanks,