“Perfect for Kilshane House wedding guests”
Review of Springhouse B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilshane
Springhouse B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Kilshane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed one night here after a wedding in Kilshane house. Perfect location, very close to Kilshane House. We were able to leave car at the venue and Siobhan drove us up the next morning to collect it. Room was clean and comfortable and good fry in the morning. Would stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We spent a few days in Southern Ireland around Tipperary and Cork and were recommended to stay at Springhouse. The welcome was excellent and our room was first class – fluffy towels and a really comfy bed. I enjoy a good cooked breakfast when I’m away from home and the ones that we had at Springhouse were certainly better than we’ve had at some top hotels – we’ll definitely be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently stayed at Spring House when attending our friends wedding. Admittedly I usually pass on bed and breakfasts for the comfort of something I know and a big hotel chain brand name however, Spring House has certainly change my views.

We had a wonderful experience staying as a family. We had just finished a very long journey, travelling with an 18 month old baby and Siobhan could not have been more accommodating to our needs.
The room was very comfortable with a great bathroom and power shower. The breakfast was delicious and made to order. Overall a superb stay in a great property, with a wonderful hostess. Thank you Spring House!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LouCayman
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here a number of months back, as we were attending a friend's wedding in Kilshane House. The lady running the place is very nice and friendly but the service offered leaves a lot to be desired.
The bathroom had no shaving mirror on the wall and the bedroom blind/curtain was broken. There was no shampoo/shower gel provided which is a Failte Ireland requirement for any 3 Star premises. On check out we notified the owner that there was a substantial amount of dry vomit from a previous guest on the bed throw, she apologised for her not having seen it. After we left she phoned us to offer a refund of the €90. We told her to forward it to us and we would make a donation of it to charity. We have never received the refund and have not heard anything from the owner.
Charging €90 for this type of service is ridiculous, wedding business is the only thing that is keeping this place open.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ral2
gmrbailey, Owner at Springhouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

I am so sorry that I disappointed you so much. I remember your visit and what happened in detail because I was so distressed by the indefensible stain on the bedspread. This is something that has never happened before or since as visitors to our home and this site can testify. This was why I telephoned you and fully intended to refund your payment. However I got caught up in all the Christmas preparations and forgot. I’m not making excuses I’m just hoping you understand that I didn’t intentionally ‘forget’ it’s just it was the week before Christmas.
To other visitors reading this reply I hope you will look at all the good things we do in other posts and not judge us harshly on this lapse. We are constantly improving our facilities and service and work very hard to ensure that tourists and wedding guests, all visitors to Tipperary, enjoy their stay with us and receive good value. We are a family business and reliant on satisfied and happy customers.
The payment has now been sent with a personal note of goodwill and we hope these visitors will come and see us in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed for two nights because of wedding in Kilshane. Lovely clean room with Sky TV , amazing power shower, beautiful big bed with lovely cosy bedding and plush pillows. The hostess Siobhan was so friendly and accomodating and the breakfast was cooked to order. Would thoroughly recommend this b&b if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank anniebaps

Thank you for your kind review. It was my pleasure and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. In these busy times it's good to ease up and feel spoilt! Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Siobhan has taken over the running of this excellent B&B and her welcome and friendly hospitality could not be better. The bedroom and bathroom are better than most 4-star hotels. Breakfast variety was v good and served in lovely conservatory dining room. Overall an enjoyable experience to be repeated.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Siobhan, daughter of Gerry, has recently taken over the running of Springhouse B&B. She is full of energy and enthusiasm and will undoubtedly continue to strive for all that is good in providing authentic Irish hospitality. We were arranging wedding flowers at Kilshane House and she provided buckets and a utility room in which we had the room to make arrangements and bouquets. She was helpful and flexible. We were offered a wide choice of breakfast possibilities and timings and it was a perfect stay for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Venetia2013

Been to Springhouse B&B? Share your experiences!