“Wonderful place to stay and relax”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naguabo
Casa Libre Puerto Rico
Ranked #4 of 4 Naguabo B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful place to stay and relax”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I met the owner at a camp out on the West Coast of the US. He told me about his place and a few months later, there I was, soaking up the sun and dining on the beach in Naguabo. I loved it. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. I was made to feel very comfortable. The pool is lovely and the hotel has a great view of the little beach and the rain forested hills nearby. The owner was able to pick me and show me around the island a bit. The food was fantastic. There was a huge selection of books, games and videos, but all I had time for was enjoying the scenery and chatting with the owners. I can't wait to go back to see Josue and his family and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We were only planning to stay one night at casa libre and loved it so much we had to come back! The view and service is worth double what they charge. After calling, Josue told us that navigation on a GPS to get there was hard to find so gave us directions and when we got into town stayed on the phone with me until we (easily) arrived. Rooms are gorgeous and the back patio unbelievable. Couldn't say enough nice things about the people, you have to go meet them! Pattie's breakfast was fantastic. Lots to do all in a short drive or just spend some time on the boardwalk (right outside) which is packed with friendly locals on the weekends. Was our favorite place we stayed by far and we will definitely be back. If you can't get a room or are maybe traveling alone look up the street to their hostel Bahia el paraiso (also great, friends stayed there.) Either way, if you're reading this and considering the area at all, its a must-go!

• Stayed May 2013
New York
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We found this small bed and breakfast while looking for a convenient place to go after leaving the ferry from Vieques. Turns out it was not only convenient for a one-night stay but would be very nice for a relaxing few days to hang out. Case Libre is in a small fishing village and also close to the rain forest. There are bars and restaurants and the malecon for walking (on a Monday night only the largest restaurant was open but that was just fine). The rooms are nicely and recently done, and the view from the deck is picturesque...Patti, Josue, and Dawn were perfect hosts.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Brought my wife down as a complete surprise first week of March. Stayed in Purple room. She thought we were going skiing up until we exited for the airport. Perhaps I should have let her pack her stuff, but all in all I didn't do a bad job and we had a great time.

Dawn, Josue and the rest of the guests were very welcoming. Even inviting us to their family party. Man everyone (puerto ricans generally) love a party, which we enjoyed. Especially Sunday for some reason that's the day when the whole town gets jiggy. Rent a car. Be prepared for fried food. Everyday. Try the whole fried fish down at the molecon. And check out the food stands at the nearby beach.

Don't be too uptight and enjoy the rum. Oh and take a day, or two, to Vieques. That place was awesome.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Patti showed us all of the work they had done since acquiring the property, not limited to building a deck, adding a pool, decorating 4 suites, etc. The place looks great and will be even better!
Patti went out of her way to be our tour guide, which was totally unexpected but very much appreciated. Thanks again Patti

-Mitch from Minnesota

Room Tip: All the rooms have a different color/theme -They all looked nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank M P
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and I spent some days at Casa Libre. We stayed at the Purple Room; the view is amazing from this room, and it was very comfortable for the two of us. The breakfasts were very good as well. In general, we were very pleased with our stay there, except that...there seems to be a problem between the partners, and they addressed this openly, with no consideration for us as guests.

On our last day at Casa Libre, while getting ready to go out, we heard screams coming from the room next door, which happens to be the room shared by the partners. We clearly heard Patty ask Josue to lower his voice, and Josue, using foul language, screamed that he did not care. The argument went on with exchanges about shutting down the business, getting lawyers involved, and at one point Josue told Patty that he "would give her reasons to call the police", before storming out of the facility.

I was really shaken by this exchange, particularly with this last statement. We were not sure what to expect next. We left for the day, and shortly afterwards there was a posting on Facebook to the effect that business was to cease immediately; by now we were very concerned and were not sure what we were going to find upon our return. The posting has since been removed. When we arrived at night we were surprised to find all partners there, as if nothing had happened. Nobody approached us to apologize for having to witness this unfortunate incident. Both Josue and Patty acted as if nothing had happened.

I sent an email to their Facebook account expressing my discomfort with this situation, hoping to hear from them, hoping to hear an apology, but as of today, nobody has contacted us. To me, this indicates a lack of concern for customers.

While the location is ideal and the service in general is good, I would not recommend this location to any of my friends lest they have to witness a situation like the one we faced. Very disappointed at their lack of professionalism for dealing with business matters in public, with guests present, and then for not having the courtesy of offering an apology to us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rosa M
Demotte, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My wife and I had an awesome stay! The views are amazing from the deck and balcony. We would definitely stay here again. Take a short trip to the Rain Forest to see the beautiful waterfalls. Josue' is so friendly and everyone treated us so nicely. We are telling all of our friends about your place. It was so nice to walk along the waterfront to the restaurants. The food in the area is excellent.

Room Tip: Stay in the Purple Room with the balcony. The view is awesome!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naguabo
The Fajardo Inn
El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm
El Escondido Guest House
El Escondido Guest House
#1 of 2 in Canovanas

Been to Casa Libre Puerto Rico? Share your experiences!