“So-so”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naguabo
Casa Libre Puerto Rico
Ranked #4 of 4 Naguabo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Can't really explain why I didn't love the place. I kind of felt like I was in a regular bedroom in someone's house. The view is nice and the pool was wonderful on such a hot day. Breakfast was decent. Hosts friendly enough. They have worked really hard to make their business succeed.

Room Tip: Purple room did have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelerdebBaltimore
There are newer reviews for Casa Libre Puerto Rico

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unfortunately, we only stayed one night as we were traveling from Vieques to Rincon via the 'Ruta Panoramica'. Patty gave us a lovely warm welcome and we were made to feel like one of the family. We stayed in an upstairs room, overlooking the pretty swimming pool which provided us with a fantastic view of the bay and an unforgettable sunset. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, home cooked and the portions substantial in size. There are a couple of good restaurants within short walking distance.
What we most remember about our stay was Patty's really warm personality and genuine hospitality, her excellent breakfast and that the location is the real Puerto Rico, far removed from the sanitized tourist areas further north.

Room Tip: upstairs for the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My mother and I visited PR in March 2013. That has been our first and, perhaps, last time. After reading wonderful reviews about Casa Libre, our choice fell there, naturally. Unfortunately, Pattie was visiting her son in CA then and that was really, really bad. Josue was nice but didn't do much at all. His wife didn't give a thought at all. Breakfasts were horrific: once she gave a sausage by itself literally so I had to go and ask for bread... We went two days without cleaning the bathroom so slept in the particualr smell. And many and many other things. I have read in the reviews how careful and informative the hosts are - not in our case. They knew we were going to go to Culebra and didn't tell us that tickets are better to be bought in advance. As a result, we had a wasted day and one more frustration.
At first, I thought to let it go and my 70 y.o. mom asked so, too, but then I decided to write what happened to at least make other people make sure that Pattie IS going to be there during thier visit otherwise it is a complete waste of time and money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank yakargin
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I were just passing by Naguabo and stopped to get a bite to eat by the bay, we saw their sign and decided to call and check it out.., to my surprise the rooms were nicer than a comfort inn and suites hotel room, and also less expensive... We decided to stay... Ended staying 3 night in a row... Very convenient, and close to Fajardo, Humacao and Luquillo... The owner Josue and his wife Dawn, treated us like family, great hospitality, private pool, great breakfast and very clean facilities.. Thanks guys!!! See you next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I met the owner at a camp out on the West Coast of the US. He told me about his place and a few months later, there I was, soaking up the sun and dining on the beach in Naguabo. I loved it. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. I was made to feel very comfortable. The pool is lovely and the hotel has a great view of the little beach and the rain forested hills nearby. The owner was able to pick me and show me around the island a bit. The food was fantastic. There was a huge selection of books, games and videos, but all I had time for was enjoying the scenery and chatting with the owners. I can't wait to go back to see Josue and his family and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We were only planning to stay one night at casa libre and loved it so much we had to come back! The view and service is worth double what they charge. After calling, Josue told us that navigation on a GPS to get there was hard to find so gave us directions and when we got into town stayed on the phone with me until we (easily) arrived. Rooms are gorgeous and the back patio unbelievable. Couldn't say enough nice things about the people, you have to go meet them! Pattie's breakfast was fantastic. Lots to do all in a short drive or just spend some time on the boardwalk (right outside) which is packed with friendly locals on the weekends. Was our favorite place we stayed by far and we will definitely be back. If you can't get a room or are maybe traveling alone look up the street to their hostel Bahia el paraiso (also great, friends stayed there.) Either way, if you're reading this and considering the area at all, its a must-go!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We found this small bed and breakfast while looking for a convenient place to go after leaving the ferry from Vieques. Turns out it was not only convenient for a one-night stay but would be very nice for a relaxing few days to hang out. Case Libre is in a small fishing village and also close to the rain forest. There are bars and restaurants and the malecon for walking (on a Monday night only the largest restaurant was open but that was just fine). The rooms are nicely and recently done, and the view from the deck is picturesque...Patti, Josue, and Dawn were perfect hosts.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naguabo
Malecon House
#2 of 3 in Luquillo
El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm
Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort

Been to Casa Libre Puerto Rico? Share your experiences!