A buddy and myself stayed at Casa Cubuy for a couple nights. It was definitely the highlight of our week-long drive around Puerto Rico. I'm sure it takes a lot to maintain this place where the climate and environment are so extreme but Matthew, the owner, does an excellent job with his wife and kids! The rooms were clean and the breakfast was fresh! The view is amazing from the hotel! The north side of the rainforest was closed due to a harsh conditions earlier in the week so we were sure glad to be able to stay here and still hike though the old route. Matthew has also made a private trail behind this place which leads down to a river which you can swim in if there's not too much fast-moving water. It's an amazing place and even more impressive that he built the trail! Despite the power going out the 2nd night due to heavy rainfall, it didn't bother us at all and breakfast the next morning was just as delicious! It was a great, peaceful, relaxing stay and I'm glad Matthew runs the place so others can enjoy staying in the rainforest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge is set into the mountain with a large balcony that overlooks the forest. There are ten guest rooms and a villa down the road. Its great for bird watching. Peace and tranquility can always be found at Casa Cubuy. Go ahead; be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Cubuy Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Puerto Rico/Naguabo