My husband & I stayed two nights at Casa Cubuy in mid-December and loved it! Incredible setting, friendly and accomodating owners & staff, and all the comforts we needed. (For us, having a phone and TV in each room, pampering, and hovering hotel staff are definite negatives -- if you need these things, go to an all-inclusive resort that caters to those sorts of preferences). In short, our room (and the lodge generally) was clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. (Room included a bed with side tables and lamps, desk and chair, armoire, plus chairs and table on balcony, private bath w/shower). Owners & staff were knowledgeable about area and helpful in suggesting activities. Breakfast was very good, and dinners (prepared for a fee if enough guests are interested) were excellent, with large portions. Nearby hiking/swimming was fabulous (though best enjoyed by folks not expecting paved and meticulously maintained trails like those found on the other side of El Yunque at the main portal into the rainforest).
All in all, it was exactly what we were looking for. We'll definitely be back to be serenaded to sleep by the coqui!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge is set into the mountain with a large balcony that overlooks the forest. There are ten guest rooms and a villa down the road. Its great for bird watching. Peace and tranquility can always be found at Casa Cubuy. Go ahead; be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Cubuy Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Puerto Rico/Naguabo