Casa Cubuy is a beautiful, well-appointed lodge in an absolutely breathtaking location. Our room on the second floor was comfortable, tastefully decorated, and spotless. We had no trouble with the water supply, and the room did not lack necessities like toilet paper and soap and even shampoo. We actually came overprepared because of other reviews that lead us to believe we'd be roughing it! Contrarily, this was the most lovely lodging we stayed in throughout our PR vacation, all in the same price range.
I can't even describe the location. You have to see the beauty to believe it. No words can do it justice.
As for the food issue: breakfast is great and satisfying. The communal dinner is pricey but allows you to get to know the other guests and share travel stories and advice. The chef will prepare vegetarian options upon request.
It's true that if there are not enough guests signed up the chef doesn't come to prepare dinner. The roads are tricky so it's easier to stay around the site than to go in search of a restaurant. The honor bar has some microwave dinners and snacks. It's nothing gourmet, but look where you are! Just get something in your belly and relax.
I highly recommend Casa Cubuy. If you're on the fence, just go ahead and make a reservation. I can assure you that you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge is set into the mountain with a large balcony that overlooks the forest. There are ten guest rooms and a villa down the road. Its great for bird watching. Peace and tranquility can always be found at Casa Cubuy. Go ahead; be our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Cubuy Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Cubuy Ecolodge Puerto Rico/Naguabo