“Wonderful relaxing day at Indigo Fields”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham Road
Indigo Fields Farm House and Spa
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I spent a most relaxing day at Indigo Fields on our recent visit to South Africa it was our first visit and we our confident it won't be the last.We booked for the full day spa and arrived at about 0900 to be welcomed with a lovely cool drink whilst we filled in the questionnaire. We then proceeded to have our feet washed before going into the steam room, after which we had an epsom salt full body rub followed by time in the jacuzzi. Perhaps this all sounds busy but it certainly was not it was all very relaxing in a lovely calm atmosphere that made you feel very relaxed and we hadn't even had our first treatment in the boma. The bomas are delightful African open huts and Paul drives you down to each one via the lovely lavender fields-hence the name. Once you are in the boma the real relaxation starts as you are massaged you drift with only the sounds and smell of Africa around you-it really is a most wonderful experience and I think quite unique. We then had a wonderful tasty lunch in the sunken cellar and afterwards enjoyed a relaxing time in the sunshine before our next treatment in a different boma. Our day sadly came to an end at about 1600 but not until we had tried delicious homemade truffles.All in all a joyful relaxing experience the staff are friendly and cheerful and the pace of treatments is just perfect.There is also a well stocked shop where I bought some of the products used during the massage treatment-however its not quite the same when I use them in the damp UK.So I will definitely be join back to Indigo Fields and I would recommend the pampering to anyone who loves to be indulged.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidGReading

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our group had a wonderful stay (our second as a group although some ladies had been on other occasions) and what an awesome time we had!
We were fed the most divine food (do try the lunch tartlets they are to die for! And the olive bread will make you want a second one! Not to mention the tomato and onion seed jam - oh man it was sublime!) and plied with sparkling wine, fruit juice and icy water all through the day.
The treatments were magnificent and the ladies who administered them were professional and good fun. We were pampered from top to toe, steamed and cleaned and massaged all day. What a treat it was.
The accommodation was great with our cottage being filled with teas, coffee, cool drinks, wines, sherry and a few tasty treats. The rooms were lovely, the beds comfy and the fact that we had our own little place in the midlands made for a lot of fun and laughter. Our dinner was delivered to us and set up on hot trays, we ate at our leisure. Again a wonderful meal.
If I have to be picky I would like to see the showers in the cottages being upgraded as the water pressure and temperature is temperamental and after a day of oiling and massage I needed a long hard warm shower - but it does not detract from the fact that we are booking to go back next year! Watch out Indigo here we come again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage as a group which is great fun as it is like your own home from home! Sleeps...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesmarie W
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had heard about Indigo Fields before we went and boy oh boy did it far exceed the great things I had already heard! Wonderful management and staff - SO hospitable and clearly wanted us to thoroughly enjoy our stay, which we did! Have never felt so relaxed with all the pampering treatments, and the food is to die for! All in all, AMAZING!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Domenique N
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Wife & BF been couple times, men allowed to experience the ultimate in spa indulgence.

It was another great day in the African paradise, the staff are well informed & very friendly & accomodating.

The SPA progran is well thought through & the food & wine equals any workd class family hotel.

Highly recommendable for couples.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank EK63
Reviewed 21 February 2013

this was my 6th or 7th trip to indigo fields (i've lost count). i've visited with one friend, and with a party of 8. each trip has been an exceptional experience. the staff are friendly and interested only in satisfying your every need. the food is outstanding, the service the same. the best thing about indigo fields is that you're not expected to mix with any other guests, so there's no need to worry about your oily hair after the shoulder, neck and head massage (which forms part of the herbal facial)!

Room Tip: all the rooms are quite beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank debifinch
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We have been to Indigo Fields a few time. The treatments are very relaxing. The food is excellent. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Each room is different.
The day starts with a light breakfast. After that you´ll be brought to yous room. There they fetch you for the first treatment. The treatments are either in the main house (steam bath, jacuzzi and full body scrub) or in different bomas somewhre in the landscape. All the ladies who do the treatments seem to know very well what they are doing. Lunch and Dinner are in or just outside your room. You have the choice between two dishes. Before dinner all guest meet for Amarula and truffels. The breakfast before you leave is very rich and it is taken in the main house.
There is a pool, if you want to swim.
We enjoyed every stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zooblick
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Having already visited most of the day spas in the Midlands I was skeptical about what Indigo Fields could offer, and I was most pleasantly surprised. A friend and I went for a day spa package, and had such a fantastic time. I felt truly pampered. Indigo Fields is set in a charming counrty setting and ALL the staff made us feel so welcome. The tratments were great and the lunch was divine. Extra beverages were included in the price, which was a nice surprise.
Given the choice of the day spa's in the midlands, it will definitely be my first pick! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 7 in Balgowan
Thatchings Guest House
Thatchings Guest House
#6 of 17 in Nottingham Road

Been to Indigo Fields Farm House and Spa? Share your experiences!