Ok - I have been going to Brookdale for more than 14 years and I am only writing a review now. I am sure you are asking why? Because I have been trying to keep SA's best kept secret as secret as possible! During my travels as a radio show host, I have paid a visit to many health hydros. None of them however has met the standard of Brookdale, hence why we keep on going back. Why is Brookdale the best?
1. Close to international airport - only an hours drive from King Shaka airport in Durban.
2. Stunning setting - in the green hills of the Natal Midlands (where you can do your early morning walk)
3. Fantastic facilities - the most beautiful outdoor and indoor pools, with steam room and sauna.
4. Beautiful rooms in spectacular gardens
5. The best treatments (it is a known fact that there is a long list of therapists who want to work here).
6. Outstanding food - no one fruit a day here. Healthy balanced gourmet meals, with dessert and snacks.
7. Professional service - from start to end.
8. Value for money - you will not find a hydro on this standard offering these prices.
9. You become family - After so many years owners, Wendy and Tony, feels like family. Many years ago after surviving a very traumatic experience they took us under their wings and helped us back on our road to recovery.
I can still go on for much longer, but the fact that we visit Brookdale every year, should be the best testimony for this health hydro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take Time Out In today's pressured world of stressful living, our well-being is often neglected and compromised by our lack of attention to lifestyle. In the quaint village of Nottingham Road in the scenic KZN Midlands, you can retreat to the tranquility of Brookdale. Brookdale Health Hydro focuses on providing an escape from the stresses of everyday life. It offers a quiet place, where physical health and mental well-being can be restored to its correct balance. ... more less