“Absolutely horrible.”

Ranked #2 of 16 Ishoej B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Absolutely horrible.”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have stayed at many hotels, all over the world, in my business travels.

This was one of the worst.

Where to begin? The horrible automated check-in? The lack of reception staff 24 hours? The cell-like room without even a phone for emergencies? The non-working heat? The non-working shower? The horrible breakfast for $12 USD a night?

I think the capper was when I came back from breakfast three days in a row to find that the maid had left the door to my room unlatched. The first two days I complained in a friendly way to the management. the third day my complaint was not friendly at all... so when I returned to my floor I was accosted by the maid, screaming at me saying I was trying to get her fired. No, lady, I just want you to do your job.

Suffice it to say I will not be staying here again, nor do I recommend that anyone else do so. I am giving it one star because Trip Advisor will not allow me to give it any less.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank James E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night. It was booked before I had read the reviews about how difficult it was to get into this hotel so was rather worried. I needn't have been. We found the hotel with no prblem after making note of other contributors remarks and obviously arrived at a good time as check in went smoothly. Amazed at the size of the room which could accomodate a family. We were high up so had wonderful views from the massive windows that all opened and no noise. The room was clean. No coffee maker but I had taken my own travel kettle so no problem. Went into the shopping centre to pass a couple of hours and had a lovely meal at a restaurant in there. Breakfast the next morning was OK. If you want to tour Copenhagen it is a train ride away so not in a convenient place for sightseeing. We had a colleague that had dropped us and collected us from the hotel so parking was not a problem but as far as I could see you had to leave the car in the outside car park of the shopping centre so don't know how safe it would be. Didn't see any undesirables hanging around. A trouble free stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Kwaitang
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 April 2011

The area around the hotel is unsafe and unfriendly. Within 5 minutes after arrival, we checked out and found a different hotel. There is no safe place to park your car. Even the locals I spoke to told me it was not safe.
The hotel is on top of a shopping center and after the shops close, this fills up with thugs and other unfriendly folks.
The reception closes very early and there is no one around to ask for information or instructions.
Avoid this hotel if you can. We moved to the Park Hotel in Glostrup, not even waiting for a refund.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ChristianSchuit

Travellers are raving about these Ishoej hotels

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Rooms are good but it's far from city . Good for people who want to stay near airport .
Breakfast is ok

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 29 May 2010

It was to far from the centre of Copenhagen. Though clean and comfortable, it was very far from the centre. We wanted to go party in the night, and resting while visiting museums but it was to far and expensive to do several trips a day.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patetaalegre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ishoej
Amager
Inner Vesterbro
Tivoli Hotel
Tivoli Hotel
#28 of 116 in Copenhagen

Been to Zleep Hotel Ishoj? Share your experiences!