“As average as expected”
Review of Zleep Hotel Ishoj

Zleep Hotel Ishoj
Ranked #2 of 16 Ishoej B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stopped here with two of my friends on our way to Germany to do some cycling. Room was spacious and they allow you to take your bike into your room if you want to. That was essential to us since we did some riding in Ishoj too. The rooms in Zleep are in top floors and there is only one bigger cargo lift to get bikes upstairs, but that is not really a problem. The only things we were not that amused were the smell of smokes and lack of good air conditioning.

Breakfast was simple but tasty and exactly what you can with the little money it costs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Well, let's start from the bright side. The hotel is not far from the train station, has free parking and a supermarket in the same building. Also, it is rather cheap. That is all. From the other side it is organized in the middle of some office building that leads to clear drawbacks. The reception (@6 floor) is separated from the room (8-9) floors and has quite limited hours of operations (that means e.g. that you will not get your free WiFi if you will check in late by yourself using at-entrance terminal). Room access is weird. If you have a room at ninth floor you have to get an elevator to the floor eight, come to the hotel's territory through the locked door and then go to the ninth floor by stairs. And if you will get to ninth floor by an elevator, it will take some time to discover that tricky access schema. Rooms are totally lack of ventilation (not mentioning air condition). It seems that even in a bathroom ventilation outlets are fictitious. At the same time louver controls are either broken or intentionally dismantled and windows could not be locked in ventilation (slightly opened) mode. So if your room is on a sunny side it will quickly become a greenhouse and then an oven. Furniture and especially floor carpets definitely needs renovation. The breakfast is not included in price but do not expect that you will be able to take it somewhere else. All cafe and restaurants in this business center open at 10 or even 11. And the last but not least: persons hanging around are not looking trustworthy (to be polite), so I recommend to take out of the car all your valuable belongings. Just to be on a safe side.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Sunday in the afternoon. No more reception available but thank god machine worked. Though it meant that free wi-fi was beyond possibilities. Simple rooms, a weary outlook, maybe this place is used for drinking purposes as stained floors were all over. Still OK.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you`re looking for a cheap hotel outside the center of Copenhagen, Zleep hotel Ishøj is perfect. Good room and a great view. Close to the railway, and it takes about 15-20 minutes to get in to the center of Copenhagen. Foodstore open to 10 PM at the first floor (Bilka). Free parking, good beds and free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globerotta
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Standard business hotel, room clean, washroom clean, plenty of hot water, though carpet could use some cleaning. Breakfast not included in price. Also no free wlan. No microwave for public use. Hotel on two floors of building, there are plenty of shops and large food store in shopping mall. Hotel can be reached from Ishoj station which is 20 mins from Copenhagen centre. Earlier a day ticket was available from the railroad which made this hotel a bit more attractive back then.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have stayed at many hotels, all over the world, in my business travels.

This was one of the worst.

Where to begin? The horrible automated check-in? The lack of reception staff 24 hours? The cell-like room without even a phone for emergencies? The non-working heat? The non-working shower? The horrible breakfast for $12 USD a night?

I think the capper was when I came back from breakfast three days in a row to find that the maid had left the door to my room unlatched. The first two days I complained in a friendly way to the management. the third day my complaint was not friendly at all... so when I returned to my floor I was accosted by the maid, screaming at me saying I was trying to get her fired. No, lady, I just want you to do your job.

Suffice it to say I will not be staying here again, nor do I recommend that anyone else do so. I am giving it one star because Trip Advisor will not allow me to give it any less.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James E
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night. It was booked before I had read the reviews about how difficult it was to get into this hotel so was rather worried. I needn't have been. We found the hotel with no prblem after making note of other contributors remarks and obviously arrived at a good time as check in went smoothly. Amazed at the size of the room which could accomodate a family. We were high up so had wonderful views from the massive windows that all opened and no noise. The room was clean. No coffee maker but I had taken my own travel kettle so no problem. Went into the shopping centre to pass a couple of hours and had a lovely meal at a restaurant in there. Breakfast the next morning was OK. If you want to tour Copenhagen it is a train ride away so not in a convenient place for sightseeing. We had a colleague that had dropped us and collected us from the hotel so parking was not a problem but as far as I could see you had to leave the car in the outside car park of the shopping centre so don't know how safe it would be. Didn't see any undesirables hanging around. A trouble free stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Kwaitang

Been to Zleep Hotel Ishoj? Share your experiences!