“Great place, awesome view and good food.”
Review of El Gran Gatsby

El Gran Gatsby
Reserve with
El Gran Gatsby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 133 Restaurants in Puerto Banus
Price range: US$67 - US$84
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wortegem-Petegem, Belgium
“Great place, awesome view and good food.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been there twice (for my birthday) in the last 3 weeks, the food is excellent - just like the services, great wine card and excellent location (what a view) in trendy and poshy Puerto Banus. Forget the bad quotes, friends of mine were there in May and it was good.
Great tuna tartar, many variations and for everyone's taste. I wouldn't say this, as I'm a regular foodie with +50 different international regular visits. It's a good place in a very trendy neighorhood and it's not that expensive, hence the location. I would strongly recommend it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank V_Dupont_BE
Francisco G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Gran Gatsby, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear customer:

Thank you very much for your opinion on El Gran Gastsby.

We are glad that everything has been to your liking, both the food, service and location.

For opinions like yours is why we work every day to improve our service and gastronomic level.

Thank you.

Regards.

London
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went to this restaurant on my last trip to Puerto Banus with a few friends and will certainly never come back again. What a scam. Food was horrible and the service was unacceptable. When I ordered my lamb I made sure that it didn't have any mushrooms as I am allergic. I was assured that there would be no mushrooms in my dish but when it arrived of course it did have the mushrooms. When I expressed my discontent the waiter told me that he would simply remove the mushrooms from my dish and he didn't understand why I was making such a fuss about it. Needless to say that no one ever apologized for screwing up my order. I had to wait for another 30 minutes for the waiter to change my dish while my friends were eating their "steak" which contained nothing but fat. All in all awful place which should be avoided.

• Visited July 2014
Francisco G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Gran Gatsby, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear customer:

First of all, thank you very much for his opinion on The Great Gatsby.

We deeply regret that your experience in our restaurant has been as negative as told in your opinion.

No doubt we had an error in your order the lamb dish, but, as you said, we react on time and will replace your dish with one that was to your liking.

In any case, we believe it is very hard to state that our restaurant should "avoid at all costs", as most of our customers leave satisfied with the food and service we have provided them.

However, we respect your opinion and we just hope that gives us another opportunity to serve you properly.

new york
“Beautiful view, horrible food.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I fell for the view from the pictures on the website and made a reservation. Big Mistake! This is a total tourist trap, the food is terrible and expensive. When we arrived I was excited because the staff was very nice and we were seated at a beautiful table outside with a gorgeous view. As soon as our appetizers came I knew we were in trouble and it all got worse from there. Our apps were not good but edible, our entrees were inedible. We both ordered fish dishes and they were dry as a bone and tasteless. Next thing, the cheesiest thing happened, a girl came by to offer us massages at the dinner table for tips. The whole thing was strange. There are some couches outside which are nice so if you want to enjoy the view, go for drinks and eat dinner elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014
Francisco G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Gran Gatsby, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear customer:

Thank you very much for your review of El Gran Gatsby.

We love that you liked the location, the terrace and the view, but we were saddened by his opinion about the food.

A restaurant of our category cares its gastronomic offer much more than the location and views, so we are very disappointed that the dishes you ate were not to your liking. It is a big surprise, but we accept, although we do not know what wecan say, because normally our customers are satisfied with our meal.

Please do not think that the environment, the views and location are a tourist attraction. El Gran Gatsby wants to be (and is seen) as one of the best gastronomic offers in Marbella, so really sorry if your dinner were not with the quality expected.

We kindly ask you to give us a second chance so you can check.

Regards.
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Dreadful!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Definitely a gastronomic experience to be missed! Having visited this restaurant on more than one occasion on previous visits to the 'Port' my husband and I were looking forward to returning, however to say we were unimpressed is an understatement! The waiter arrived to take our order, he didn't engage with us once and proceeded to gaze around the restaurant looking totally disinterested to be there. We ordered two starters of which only one eventually arrived! For our main we ordered the lobster (which still looked raw when it arrived) with a side of fries (which never arrived) and the 'Gatsby' burger which was completely tasteless and undercooked! The sommelier never once refilled our wine glass, we are not precious about this but in a restaurant of this standard this is something which should be done automatically and without you even noticing! My husband quietly gave his feedback to the manager on our departure and his response was one of very little interest, he offered no apology for the very poor experience we had received! Needless to say we will never return and will pass this feedback to our friends who regularly visit this area! If you want a fine dining experience with a fabulous view and appalling service then I highly recommend El Gran Gatsby, if you don't then I suggest you go somewhere else! The restaurant has definitely lost its appeal!

3 Thank Tracey P
Dear customer:

First of all, thank you very much for your opinion.

I think this review is complementary to her husband entitled "appalling". I beg you to read the answer we have given him.

We convey our apologies again, as we did to the opinion of her husband, and we assure you that your dinner had to be due to a bad night from the restaurant. It is not normal that everything went so wrong, both in cuisine and service.

In any case, our apologies for an unfortunate night.

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Appalling !!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

In the 30 years my wife and I have been coming to this part of Spain, neither of us can remember such a bad dining experience.
The service was obviously too difficult as half of our food order was not registered with the kitchen. The burger my wife ordered was close to inedible and my lobster was barely cooked.
Other than we did not get one of the starters that were ordered and my side dish was 10 mins after my main course, the meal was appalling.
To cap it all, when the bill arrived (and desert and coffee by this point were beyond imagination) we found a cover charge for 4, even though we were only 2 as per our booking !
Having discussed this with the manager, other than shrug of shoulders, there was no apology offered.
Having been to this restaurant on several occasions, it would appear that the current approach to food standards and customer satisfaction is not high on the agenda.
Neither my wife or I will return and we will not hesitate in educating others of our experience.

1 Thank Nick P
Dear Customer

First of all, we would like to thank you for having given his opinion and critique about El Gran Gatsby.

We are very sorry your dinner out greatly unsatisfactory both for the quality of the kitchen and the efficiency of the service. Actually, it is a very unpleasant surprise for us a review like yours , but we appreciate the fact and it is accepted.

For us it is a priority that both the cuisine and the service were excellent, so it's a big disappointment when it does not get, as in your case.

We undertake to take the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again and try that unbiased reviews like yours from occurring again.

We know it is very difficult to get, but we'd love that you would give us a new opportunity to demostrale it was just a bad night and the ordinary rule is that our guests leave the restaurant very satisfied.

Our apologies again.