“Central Three-star”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landskrona
Albany, OR
“Central Three-star”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Oresund is right downtown in Landskrona, also near the castle and the water and ferries. The hotel is very clean, and a Swedish friend talked us into a huge corner room (#350). The breakfast buffet, included, is huge and has lots to choose from, from sliced watermelon, sliced cheese and meats to scrambled eggs and bacon. We kept trying to tip the room maid, but she would not touch the money we left. Even though there was no safe in the room, we felt very secure about leaving things there. All the desk personnel were friendly and helpful, the lobby had plenty of comfortable seating and coffee table books to look at. Unfortunately, the curtains are not black-out types, so the light comes through (and that can be late at night and early in the morning in summer). They, the curtains, were dark-colored, so the light wasn't too bad. All in all, we were satisfied with our lodgings.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. The noise of cars driving on the cobblestones can be pretty loud.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel was about 60$ more expensive than the other hotels I looked at, but as the others were fully booked and I was going on a work related last minute thing I was happy to hear that they had a room on a short notice. From when I first called, and all through my stay the staff was also very friendly, professional and helpful. My room was clean and quiet even though it was facing the street. It was also a great central location and close to the sea. However, for being a bit more pricier, even if not a fancy hotel, I would have expected something more. It was like instead of giving a little extra, they took away that little extra. The rooms were clean but really boring and no extra amenities besides a hairdryer, no waterboiler or minibar, no nice soaps in the bathroom. My bed was uncomfortable and there was a litte kink with the tv, there was also an unpleasant smell coming from the showerdrain and the door had to be tampered with to lock. No big things, just small things that made the extra money feel wasted.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Landskrona hotels

Basel
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

The best thing in the hotel is the speed of the wireless network.
I would not recommend to stay in this hotel! It's far to expensive for the standard it has.
Outdated furniture, smal and not comfortable beds....and also the heating in my room was not working properly!

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I say this as I found the hotel very austere and yet the people/staff were very helpful and friendly.
The corridor to the rooms was like walking down a prison block, probably very secure but unwelcoming. The floors in the bedrooms were all wood, so very noisy and again not very warm or welcoming. The beds are my biggest gripe, two tiny single beds with a tiny duvet which was so light it kept falling off all night. I checked with my colleagues and they also had single beds with tiny covers, maybe there are double ones so I would ask before booking if bed comfort is important.
I was there in the winter and the hotel was always warm so no problems there.
Breakfast is very self service, in fact I actually only saw one person topping up the coffee, again no problems for me as I dont like a fuss at breakfast.
If there was a star between average and very good I would score it there but I just can't say this is very good hence the 3 stars.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Karmsund
Reviewed 10 August 2012

While I am writing this review Swedish artist Magnus Uggla is playing a live concert in a park just a short walk away from my hotel window. Which is nice on a beautiful late summer night in Landskrona. It feels like I am attending the concert due to the high volume.

I have stayed here for a week now, and I will stay here at least two more weeks. I am Landskrona due to work in Øresund Drydocks, and I am so far very satisfied with the hotel.

The people working in the reception is very polite and very proffessional, especially a guy named Josef has been very service minded. When I came back from the yard in the late afternoon / evening I oftenn need to book more rooms for various subsuppliers to my company and this person is Service all over.

The rooms are clean and more than spacious for me. The beds are very good, and the wifi works very good both for my laptop and my smartphone and is free of any charge.

Otherwise the room have more or less all I need, though I would really have liked it if they could added a waterboiler and some complementary choices of the and coffee.

There are two restaurants in the hotel but only one of them are open at the moment. I have only been eating here once as I normally eat onboard the vessel we have at Øresund Drydocks. But the food was descent enough the one time i visited it.

Breakfast is in the same place as the restaurant. And it is a typical, but good, hotel breakfast. Since I have been here a week now I have noticed that it is exactly the same set up for the breakfast each morning; hot effers for breakfast is sausages, scramble eggs and boiled eggs. Otherwise a good variety of good bread and hams, cheese and jams, serials, some fruit and some danish butteries.

There is also a sauna (haven't been there yet) and a gym, which I have tried and it was ok, but not more.

If you have a car, or a rental car as I have, parking is free of charge, but you need to obtain a parking allowance from the reception.

One strange ting; As I am here due to work, and is working long days I like to enjoy a beer, maximum two, after work some days. I asked in the reception (there is no minibar in the room) the second evening if it was ok to bring the beer to the room, to which the reception said; yes off course.

However, even though the cleaning of my room is very good they have not collected the empty beer bottles, nor the glasses, after my first weeks stay here. So one of the tables in my room now have 7 empty Eriksberg bottles and a number of beer glasse standing on it; very disappointing I must say considering that the company I work for spend a lot of money here.

The conclusion must be: nice people working here, clean, good breakfast and quiet location.

Room Tip: There was some fans on a roof outside my room that was very noicy if I had the windows during the ni...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Nice hotel in the beautiful town of Landskrona.
There is a large parking lot at the back. The sea is couple of minutes away from the hotel.

The rooms are very spacious. Generally its comfortable but the single beds are small. The wifi works well. The table has no depth hard to place your laptop.

The bathrooms dont fit the standards of the rooms.

I'd definetly stay there next time in Landskrona.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank meetjoeblack
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here the night before a business meeting in Landskrona. I was recommended the hotel by my colleagues and it was a lovely, quiet place. There wasn't a big welcome at reception, but I got checked in quickly and directed to my room.
I ate dinner in the restaurant (separate review - see Restaurant Nils Holgersson) and then retired to bed.
The room was spacious enough for me on my own, the facilities were as expected of a European hotel (i.e. no tea/coffee making equipment in the room).
The room was comfortable, warm, the Tv worked and had several English-speaking channels. The bathroom was simple, but functional.
The main thing about this hotel is it he lack of exterior noise - it is in a quiet part of Landskrona and I slept very well. I think the hotel was not very full, which may also have contributed to the lack of noise I heard throughout the night.
In the morning I showered (unisex hand wash at the sink and body wash/shampoo in the shower, so ladies, if you like separate shampoo & conditioner for your hair, bring it with you!) and went downstairs for the breakfast.
There was a very good selection for the number of guests that they had; cereals, hot bacon and eggs, yoghurts, fruits, cheese, cold meats, fish (it IS Sweden!), bread, rolls, pastries and cakes/biscuits. They even had gluten-free muesli and lactose-free milk on display, which I have never seen in a hotel before (you usually have to ask). Juices, milks pots of coffee and hot water for tea (a selection of Liptons tea and also loose tea with which you could make your own teabags!).
There was a lack of staff presence in the dining room,; I didn't know whether I should wait to be seated, but you just walk in and start helping yourself.
Check out was easy. Free wifi, too!
An enjoyable business stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank EuropeanTravelGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landskrona
Radisson Blu Metropol Hotel, Helsingborg
V Hotel Helsingborg, BW PREMIER Collection
Beach Hotel Marienlyst
Beach Hotel Marienlyst
#1 of 4 in Helsingoer

Been to Hotel Oresund? Share your experiences!