“Shame it is going”

Price range: US$17 - US$42
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have had lots of meals here, and when the restaurant started off it was really buzzy and the place to be. Now the service is mixed, some days great and some days not so great and it does depend which staff are on duty. The same applies to the food - so days great, some days not, which is a shame as I have visited other ASK restaurants in Berkhamsted and in Milton Keynes and they are always great. The venue is brilliant, a converted old Fire Station and it is very central so I cannot understand why it just doesn't do the business - the competition is aimed at other groups/people so am not sure what the answer is. Apparently they are closing down this week but another restaurant from the chain is taking over so hopefully they will have taken all our feedback onboard and will make it successful.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Went to ASK on a Sunday evening the meal was very enjoyable, but the drink prices were enough to stop me returning. Shame! Also it was a shame the mananger never had a quiet word with the parents of 2 run about kids.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Nice friendly restaurant great food and drink nice seating food fresh and tasty will always fit you in however busy

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We visited Ask in Leighton Buzzard last Friday evening. I had had numerous meals before namely in Ask Watford. There were four of us dining and we chose to eat upstairs which in my opinion was the first mistake. A large cavenous room plus many diners on a busy Friday evening made it impossible to talk amongst ourselves without shouting. The first course arrived which was pretty average.I had asked the waitress whether I might be able to slightly deviate from the standard menu and have a traditional pasta dish served qith cream sauce and mushroom - this dish I have enjoyed many times before and I think it is a pretty standard dish in this cuisine. When the main courses arrived the men were almost half way through theirs before ours arrived, when it did I was massively dissappointed. A dollop of boiled mushrooms on top of spagheti with a watery grey sauce. What a huge disappointment, we were told that the kitchen had messed up the orders which had caused the delay however this was no excuse for my abysmal dish!. To be fair they did apologise and gave us a generous discount however the seed of thought was planted. We would not return there again.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Service is variable. Food is mostly good but bland. Atmosphere is mostly good-nice to see historic building used so well