“Not the best Italian food.”
Review of Mama Rosa's

Mama Rosa's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian Cuisine. Since opening in 2003 Mama Rosa's has been dedicated to serving fantastically fresh quality food for our customers. We use no microwaves, pre prepared or frozen meals.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went for a meal on a Friday night with 7 friends, having never been to Mama Rosa’s before. My friends all raved about the food and how good it was so I thought I was in for the best Italian meal of my life. Currently that spot is filled by L’taliana in St Albans still... I ordered spaghetti carbonara because I figured you can’t go wrong with that and I was impressed to see it was made with eggs rather than cream. When it arrived it was just a white creamy sauce, over cooked pasta and not a lot of flavours. I tried my friends pasta dish which was meat and a tomato sauce and found this was also bland and ridiculously creamy despite being a tomato sauce ... I kept my opinions of the food to myself so not to offend my friends as they all loved it. It seemed pretty fresh it was just lacking any flavour? It seemed a very family friendly place and good for a family meal but I wouldn’t recommend it if you were after a fresh new Italian food experience? The service was good asside from the fact the waiters sent one of our friends out to get us when we were having a cigarette because they thought we’d done a runnner. Over all I think it would be a nice place to take granny if you had her on day release from one of the many old people’s homes in town.

1  Thank Abi G

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Saturday lunch visit. Two lovely dishes from the lunch menu. The house wine was first class and arrived at drinking temperature (so many places bring it to your table cold). Pudding and coffee great too. It was quite quiet, which we found odd, the staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive. Even the background music was just right. Oh how I wish this was closer to my home.

2  Thank AndyH401
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Turned up for meal asked for drinks all fine seated ok. Left us sitting for 45 minutes before they took our order. once food arrived was lovely but service was very poor in general no member of staff checked how we were or how our meal was. No offer for more drinks. Had to wait thirty minutes before we had to force a member of staff to get our bill which took over twenty minutes wait before we almost left to get a response to our bill request. The staff were to busy on their mobile phones to be worried about customer needs. No apologies received very poor service overall doubt I’ll be returning here again. Disappointed is an understatement.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recommended by friends and what a great recommendation. We went at lunchtime on a Sunday and the staff were friendly, great service and the food was very nice, with nice portions.
We will be going back.

1  Thank Phil05v
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dropped into here for a midweek meal, although despite that I'm glad we made a reservation as it got quite busy as the evening progressed. I had a pasta dish whilst my partner had pizza. Both big portions and both delicious. Was very happy with our meal.

2  Thank Chelsea B