“poor, poor customer service”
Review of Globe Inn

Globe Inn
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful historic canalside pub with log fires, real ales, wines and soft drinks. Fresh Coffee and food served daily. Reservations available in the dining room
UK
“poor, poor customer service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have had the misfortune to visit this pub on several occasions, normally for Sunday lunch with friends. None of these occasions has been the best - even when the restaurant is quiet, it takes an age for the food to arrive.
The last straw was a little while ago when I ordered a ploughmans for lunch. It was not particularly busy but it took 35 minutes for my food to arrive. When I questioned this, I was told it was a new menu and the kitchen staff were still getting to grips with it.
Now I'm no expert, but to take 35 minutes to put together cold ingredients seems excessive.
I ate the meal and went to pay, when I asked was asked if "everything was alright" - when I explained that it was not, the bar lady then began to argue that it was not their fault and no-one else had complained.
Now one thing I know for certain - it was not my fault either. It's not a matter of blame, but good manners to acknowledge a customers complaint, not to try and turn it back on the customer.
I have not, and I will not, ever return to this dire place.
Best bet is to get a nice sandwich and drink from Tesco down the footpath, and sit by the canal and eat in peace.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gasplug
Richard W, Guest Relations Manager at Globe Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
I'm really sorry to read that you had such a negative experience and that your comments were not dealt with in an approproate manner at the time. Your description of the service certainly is not what we strive to deliver. I'm glad that you took the time to post your review.

Over the coming months we will be making several changes not least of which will include team recruitment and development. I hope that you return to The Globe to experience this for yourself.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice Sunday afternoon ruined.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We moored our boat nearby and the peace and quiet was shattered by outdoor live "music". We spoke to many people who had come for a quiet drink but decided not to stay as the noise was intolerable. Is it really necessary to spoil such a tranquil setting with this loud "entertainment"?
Had lunch the following day - some meals better than others. I suggest a revamp of the plough mans which was very poor - it certainly wouldn't fill a ploughman - hardly any cheese and a couple of thin slices of white bread.

3 Thank Janet79_12
Richard W, Guest Relations Manager at Globe Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for you comments, we are sorry you were not happy the our live music, this is something that we do on a monthly basis and is proving very popular and getting a good following. I shall pass your feedback onto our menu development team who take an active interest in all thoughts offered when putting together our menus.
Luton, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime meal at Globe Inn”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very pleasant public house at a very good location beside the Grand Union canal. On our visit we sat outside and had a nice acceptable meal served by pleasant and polite staff. Not very busy on our visit on a weekday lunchtime. Very pleasant walking to be had along the canal and nearby watermeadows

1 Thank Michael M
Richard W, Guest Relations Manager at Globe Inn, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are glad you had a great visit, ill pass your comments onto the team, and we look forward to you visting us again very soon
London, United Kingdom
“Nice location, shame food and service so bad”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This pub in located in a lovely secluded spot off the main road and next to the canal. It has many charming features but unfortunately a very boring menu and sloppy bar service. We had fish and chips and a burger both of which were horrible and over cooked. Service was slow and the staff somewhat cold though not rude. Could be really lovely if the whole place was given the once over with a duster and a new inspiring chef was employed and a 21st century menu was implemented.

1 Thank joeseo
We are sorry that on your recent visit your dining experience did not meet the usual high standards we pride ourselves upon. your comments have been taken on board and any issues that may have influenced the food quality in this instance have been addressed
“Visited twice over the weekend!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Globe Inn has lots of tables outside, taking advantage of its canalside location. There is a basic menu, with ordinary but good food. There are different specials/offers on at different times during the week.

On our first visit, the service was slow (I think they had forgotten about us!). However they were extremely busy as it was a hot, summers evening, and the waiter was apologetic when we eventually got our food. The service was a little faster on our second visit.

We had two nice meals whilst watching the boats and interesting cars passing by!

We will visit again when we are in the area.

• Visited July 2014
thank you so much for your kind comments, we are glad you had a wonderful weekend we us, we look forward to seeing you again very soon