“NEVER AGAIN”

Axe & Compass Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leighton Buzzard
Axe & Compass Lodge
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I don't wish to describe all the things wrong with this accommodation but if you are looking for somewhere clean and welcoming this is not the place for you. There is nowhere to hang your clothes in the wardrobe as it has a fridge in it where you will find your breakfast (such as it is) The only reason I have given it one star is because of the convenience of where it was situated.

Room Tip: some rooms are situated up stairs and not really convenient for older people.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank elsie p
There are newer reviews for Axe & Compass Lodge

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here over Easter as a stop over on a charity bicycle ride. The rooms are very dated & need an over haul. We paid £45 for a double room for the night, however, the TV wouldn't work so we were refunded some. The bathroom was especially old, the fan was very noisy, towels grubby & old & the shower head was held up by some wire! Also, bizarrely, every time someone in the rooms next to us used their bathroom the cupboard doors over the fridge slammed, which woke me up several times throughout the night! I would say for the money it was fine, but I would pay slightly more & stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night here and having read some of the reviews were very worried, but I must say the accommodation for the price was quite acceptable,the room was clean and a decent size with a large en-suite,comfortable bed, adequate furniture and fridge with breakfast (tea, cereal, fruit juice etc.)
It seems the previous owners would not spend any money on improvements and allowed the place to run down.The new management are now committed to bringing the place up to scratch.
This is by no means a 5 star establishment, but it represents good value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank david b
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked two rooms, for me and a work mate, then i read the reviews, and started to wish I had not, but am glad I did. What makes people write such false reviews is beyond me, especially the long winded one, the rooms are clean, the owner welcoming and friendly, fridge in the room, the only down side which might bother some is no wifi in the rooms, but you can get the bt wifi if you have it. This is the first review that i have wrote, (after working away for 17 years) the other false reviews prompting me. hope it helps.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stephen f
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed here on the 1st December 2012, the accommodation was cold the heating had been turned off, it took over an hour to warm the room up. The decor was appalling, the laminate flooring in the bedroom was ill fitting and need a good scub. The floor tiles in the bathroom were again ill fitting and needed a good clean. The shower cubicle filled up with water while showering and took a good 5-6 mins for the water to go down the plug. The towels were grubby {so glad I took my own}. The whole room needs a good decor overhaul - the curtains n bed linen should be renewed as very old n grubby. There was a tiny bit off hanging wardrobe space due to the fridge being located in the wardrobe.....strange....not a very good stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My company booked me in here for 2 nights as I was working locally and had a meeting in London. I agree with everything the other reviewers have said. I wish my company would use this site before they part with their money.
I wouldn't put a dog in this place!
There was even mould arround the top of the kettle, had to sleep in my coat it was so cold.
The food was dissapointing too, Don't bother with the "famous Axe potatoes"

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mandi K
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I got a key to my room quite quickly and settled in. I was dissapointed by the continental breckie in the fridge but as this was the only place I found in the area it sufficed. The room was fine & warm. I had dinner in the pub and had one of its famous pies... It was absolutely full of meat and yummy. The bar was friendly enough and the cask ale good so all in all an average stopover. I have stayed in better but also a lot worse for more money

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 11 in Leighton Buzzard
The Brownlow
The Brownlow
#7 of 11 in Leighton Buzzard

Been to Axe & Compass Lodge? Share your experiences!