The Heath Inn
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewspub hotelample portionsfor sunday lunchbirthday partyfresh towelsroast potatoeslovely mealvery pleasant staytea and coffeecar parkfollowing morningtown centrediscowardrobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Clean and spacious rooms. Parking if you need. Comfy old style bar with wooden beams. Very good food. Reasonable charge. Great place for getting to Milton Keynes Bowl or Silverstone. Outdoor beer garden was good in the sun.

Room Tip: Speak to the manager before you get there and he will get best room for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AndyJersey
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding party. Good price for bed and breakfast. But it needs a bit tender loving care. Especially the rooms. Dave is lovely and watches over the place. However the bar staff just stand about chatting. The food is not good. But again Dave sorted that out. But it should never have reached the table! Needs to think about room sales as well as his locals at the bar if he wants to do rooms as well. Good car parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this so called Hotel as it was convenient for our Silverstone Weekend. Booked 4 months in advance so they had plenty of warning when we was going to arrive.

On arrival at 6pm we had to wait 15 minutes at the empty bar for someone to realise 3 guest were waiting for their rooms, 2 others and Me and my young son, We were given our room keys and had booked a local Chinese to take my son out for lunch for 6:45pm.

On opening the door we thought it was strange the TV was still on and to our total shock THE ROOM HAD NOT BEEN MADE UP FROM THE PREIOUS GUEST!!, The stench was unbelievable, both beds were used and looked disgusting and walking into the bathroom made me and my 8 year old son feel physically sick.

We immediately went back downstairs and complained and asked for another room, we explained we were going out at 6:30 ish, and was told it would be cleaned ASAP, 1 hour later it was done so it spoilt our night and we lost our booking at the local restaurant as it was full all night.

I asked for a partial refund which was denied. We had booked Bed and Breakfast and told them we needed an early start as the first race at Silverstone starts at 8:15am but they were not prepared to serve before 8:45am, so we had to leave before Breakfast.

This placed is overpriced and should be in the £40 - £45 a night bracket.

We will never stay at this shambles of a place again and hope other people read this review.

Enjoy my Photos of the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed for a few days on a business trip. My room (a family room as it happens) was clean, comfortable and spacious. The TV was perhaps a little small and (as is usual, but VERY annoying!) placed high on one wall. I was a bit apprehension about using the shower, as it uses a booster pump (presumably due to low water pressure), but I needn't have been, as was easier to use than many of the mixer valves used in many hotels. My only small gripe would be that the curtains didn't close properly; which was a potential problem with the children's play area being right outside my window!

I only ate at the hotel one evening (as is my norm, as I like a change of scene), but I've got to say that my meal was very good, with generous portions and reasonably priced.

The hotel is on the edge of a small village, but there is at least one pub within walking distance; and the location is only a short drive from both Leighton Buzzard, Milton Keynes and the M1.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Service was quite slow and a bit bumbling. The food overpriced and not really tasty or well presented.
The appealing quaintness of the outside appearance of the Inn becomes one of of disappointing under investment inside. There is a mismatch of cheap cutlery, paper thin paper Knapkins and rickety sticky tables and there is an overall "unclean" feeling to the place.
The staff were pleasant enough but gave the impression they were winging it a bit and you couldn't even pay at the table but had to go to a counter in another room.
Need to work very hard and quickly to turn this around in my view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family